Loss of a dear friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of a dear friend

Well I recieved the news-one of my close friends Jim Nunis died of cancer"What a fukking drag"
    one of the absolute best guitar luthier's around-Good enough to make Gibson Les Paul re-issue copies
    that even fooled the Gibson custom shop guys-But then again thats why he recieved papers from them.
    Jim was 43 years old-way to young to pass-problem was he sprayed chemicals for 20 some odd years
    without ever wearing a respirator-we use to get on his ass about it but he absolutly refused-plus thinking
    it could never happen to me and thinking I will live for ever finally caught up with him. Jim and Kerry Champion
    started www.jnunisguitars.com together and then had a falling out-of sorts-go to his website and check out
    the pros playing his guitars-designed by me-yeah they look like others but they are very cool guitars-totally
    handmade from scratch-I'm glad I held on to my double cut prototype and first production model.
    Well Jim Bro have a safe journey -Until we meet again!!!!

Sorry to hear that. It sucks when you lose a friend . My sincere condolences.

Comment

fuck...greb curbow last year and jim this year...let this be a lesson to all you guys spraying guitars...USE BREATHING PROTECTION!!!!!!...r.i.p. jim...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Tony, I'm sorry for your loss man. May he rest in peace.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

thanks for the heart felt responce-just got off the phone with a few friends to figure out Jim's final wishes-3 weeks we will have a memorial for Jim he also wanted his ashes spread on the beach and ocean at Dana Point,Cali-so hopefully I will make the trip to say a final goodbye to my friend

Comment

Tony, your friend had some awesome taste! Dana Point is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I know you'll be there in pain, but try to take it in and think how happy Jim would be knowing you honored his wishe and also got to see that beautiful place.

You should really try to hook up with Tommy while you're there too, he's about 25 miles up the coast in Huntington Beach.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I loved Dana Point-Me,Jim and Kerry went to a surf shop there in 2003-we flew out for the namm show to introduce the Nunis guitar line. If I make the trip I will look Tommy up-I did not realize he was that close. Thanks for the kind words man

Comment

Tony, sorry for your loss...

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss Tony. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

My sincere condolences on the loss of your friend. It's painful to lose someone close to you, and even more tragic when it could have been prevented.
                    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

wow man i could hardly sleep last night-waking up,dreaming some,getting up-well he was in very serious pain in the end-at least i know jim is at peace and feeling no pain-got out the prototype and first model run last night and played some

My friend Jim at guitar center:

Comment

I am sorry to hear this bad news, Tony. My thoughts are with you and your friends.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sad to hear.... my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                          X