Soul Patrol!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Patrol!!!

I love American Idol!! Taylor Hicks effin' rules!

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Yeah, he really deserved it. She has more money making potential...but he has heart.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
      Yeah, he really deserved it. She has more money making potential...but he has heart.

Mike

But she has boobs

Comment

taylor is great - i'm happy with the outcome
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My heart still belongs to Kelly... All she has to do now is claim it!

I don't really go for the white soul stuff, but Taylor is talented. Of the final 2 I do believe he did deserve it...
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

The top 2 usually do well, sometimes #2 does better. Hell, Clay was #2 and where's Ruben? Bo was #2 and he at least went gold.

Taylor's R&B style will actually probably work well with the Idol prefab hit machine. He can put heart and soul into everything.

As for Katharine, All Scientologists will buy multiple copies of her record, so she should do great too!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's not an exact science though. Yeah, Kelly has done well, and she is good. Where's that frizzy headed freak they did their best to promote that came in second to her? Flipping burgers?

Reuben I was actually pulling for, but there at the end I realized Clay really did have more range and was a much better performer...

Taylor is a musician and is more experienced than the average "Idol" contestant. He'll do fine for a year or two.

There's always Playboy for Kathrine.. Take that 2 Million girl and invest!!
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Taylor was just annoying!!! My wife liked him, but I just can't stand him! The one I thought should have won was Chris... That guy could friggin sing and it was more my style!

Comment

I'm glad Taylor won. That boy's got a set of pipes on him, and plays a nasty harmonica to boot!
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I am glad Taylor won because he is actually a musician who plays guitar and harmonica, writes his own songs and was fronting a fairly popular original band before he tried out for Idol.
                    I am tired of Idol winners who are just "singers" who get material handed to them to sing.
                    I equate it to racing and classic cars. I admire the drivers/owners who can actually wrench their cars rather than the ones who just drive or own.
                    When I used to attend alot of car shows we used to call the fat cats who didn't even know how to check the oil on their classic cars "check book restorers". We prefered the owners who actually did the work and didn't just talk the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13
                      Taylor was just annoying!!! My wife liked him, but I just can't stand him! The one I thought should have won was Chris... That guy could friggin sing and it was more my style!
                      I thought so, too. Chris ruled!!

And Katherine has a better voice than Taylor, but he's got more experience. If you like a guy who sounds older and looks like he's sometimes having an epileptic fit onstage, then I guess the right choice was made.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                        taylor is great - i'm happy with the outcome
                        Agreed! Congrats Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                          I am tired of Idol winners who are just "singers" who get material handed to them to sing.
                          Well, the record company can still mold him like they do every other AI winner. With someone like Taylor, it won't be as easy, but he'll still probably go along with them for the most part.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's my take on the top Idols contestants:
                            • Chris Daughtry - right look, right sound for the next 6-12 months, can basically sing but has a really annoying vibrato that he over uses. The reason Chris lost is because he showed us everything he had by the second episode. He had nothing new to bring for the rest of the season but it was good enough to take him pretty far. When he was out of his comfort zone he sounded silly - not everything should be turned into a Fuel song.
                            • Kelly Pickler - she was cute and could sing country fairly well but when she was out of her comfort zone it was really bad.
                            • Elliot Yamin - great singer. He too has an annoying vibrato thing he over does. When he "just sang", he sounded great. Much mojo. I will buy his album.
                            • Katherine McPhee - beautiful woman and excellent voice. Her problem was consistency but when she was on it is amazing. She needs to stop over-singing.
                            • Taylor Hicks - he was my favorite from the first audition. I didn't think he stood a chance in hell of winning because of his appearance. He is a fantastic singer, brings a lot of heart and soul to his performances, and he can entertain (in his own way )

I think the reason Taylor won is because he cut his teeth in bars for years and years. Simon called it exactly right on Tuesday - round 1 went to Taylor and round 2 went to Katherine. So for round 3 they both had to bring it all. Both of their new "original" songs sucked donkey balls and they clearly were not into their own songs. This is where Taylors experience won him the contest. Katherine just sang her song with a smile but Taylor performed his song. A guy like Taylor can do that with a bad tune because he's had to do it convincingly in bars 5 nights a week for years. I imagine he probably did the same mental exercise he did in preparation for singing "Born To Be Wild" for the 1000th time.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                              Just be glad that most of the folks on Idol can actually sing. They certainly tend to be better than what the music industry is manufacturing on their own (N'Sync, Britney, Nickelback, etc.)

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X