Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

Tonight I will finally see the Swede with his flying sausage fingers!!!

Anyone in and around New Orleans, 8:00 pm at the House of Blues!

Tomorrow night is Nevermore and In Flames and I can't find anyone to go with me...I wouldn't dare take my girlfriend to that aural assualt.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

I saw him once and it was good for about 10 minutes and then it was like, play something that sounds different. The fat man can still twirl a guitar and kick pick into the crowd though.

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3
      I saw him once and it was good for about 10 minutes and then it was like, play something that sounds different. The fat man can still twirl a guitar and kick pick into the crowd though.
      How dare you insult the Maestro....

You may have thought it was good for only 10 minutes but I bet Yngwie played more notes in those 10 minutes than most guitarist would play in a 2 hour set.
      Long live the Maestro. Yngwie J Malmsteen.

Comment

Sounds like a great time....He's a great performer, if you like classical inspired music you'll dig it. If you more of a party rock band type of dude who needs vocalist to keep you interested you'll get bored after a while.

I saw Yngwie once...just before the release of marching our in a small hall in Detroit...awesome...he blew the roof off the place and was madman on stage.

He's one of my main influences on guitar. Randy Rhoads got me going, Yngwie pushed me to improve...

btw...I don't think he's fat anymore.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
          How dare you insult the Maestro....

You may have thought it was good for only 10 minutes but I bet Yngwie played more notes in those 10 minutes than most guitarist would play in a 2 hour set.
          Long live the Maestro. Yngwie J Malmsteen.
          +1 JG!!

And, yes, he has lost weight. Not that it matters, even fat he blows all you naysayers away. Enjoy the show Mike!
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

UNLEASH THE FOOKIN' FURY!!!!

Comment

Watch out for the air kicks, I swear that 80s bootie is going to go flying one day and take someone's eye out.
              Bring Dunkin Donuts, he likes them.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I got to see him for the first time last Saturday here in St. Louis. It was possibly the loudest show I've been to. I sat in awe the entire time he was playing. I don't care if you don't like his music or his attitude. You've got to admit he's amazing at what he does. My buddy got hit in the leg with one of his flying pics, so he picked it up as a souveneir. At the end of the show, my wife went up to the front while the roadies were putting shit away and got one of them to stop what he was doing, walk around and down off stage and hand her one of Yngwie's picks. I swear it was the titties.

Comment

Mike

Have fun!!

How is the club there?
                  I spoke to someone here in L.A. about the N.O. club and they were working on some insurance issues.
                  Was it damaged heavily?

YJM is not my fave, Skorb and I went to see him.
                  It's worth the $ and the time for sure!

Enjoy the show...

J.R.
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by JRE
                    Mike

Have fun!!

How is the club there?
                    I spoke to someone here in L.A. about the N.O. club and they were working on some insurance issues.
                    Was it damaged heavily?

YJM is not my fave, Skorb and I went to see him.
                    It's worth the $ and the time for sure!

Enjoy the show...

J.R.
                    I haven't been to the HOB since Katrina....or th House of DUES as I like to call it...because seeing a show there and buying drinks is generally the equivalent cash expenditure to joining a country club. I guess we will see...they have been having shows pretty regularly for a while, so I guess all should be ok for the show. I have never seen Yngwie play, although I met him in Sears of all places in Aventura, Fl in 1992.......

I am excited, I am bringing my GF since she seems to like Randy's somewhat Neo-Classical stylings....it is time for her to see the TRUE NEOCLASSICAL shredder!!!!

I hope he tears our fucking faces off!!

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Enjoy the show. I got to finally see Yngwie when he did the G3 tour a few years ago. Yngwie was the whole reason I went to the show and I really enjoyed it. And from what I've seen, Yngwie has really slimmed down over the past few years since that G3 tour. Regardless of his physical size, I think you'll really dig the show - he's definitely a showman and a heckuva player.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                        I I have never seen Yngwie play,
                        dude, you are in for a treat, he's fucking incredible.
                        he makes it all appear so easy.
                        I've seen him like 7 times now and he blows me away every time.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Fukkin' Yngwie RAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice to see a lot of Yngwie fans here! The guy has been critisized to death for the last 20 years and that makes me fukkin angry! Paganini, Bach and Blackmore played the SAME STUFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN, just like Yngwie without taking hits. It's not about evolution damnit! - it's about fukkin control and FEEL! The man has the best intonation i ever heard from anyone haha! GO YNGWIE!
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Woods,
                              I knew you couldn't resist responding to this one.
                              What would Jerry do?

Comment

Working...
                              X