Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting news for those that partake in the herb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed is good, no doubt. I'll say that I don't smoke as much as I did back in the day, but I still enjoy a good Bob Marley Spliff!!!
    As for the health issues, it's a known fact that there are many chemicals used in the tobacco growing industry that aren't used in growing marijuana (mainly because of the tobacco demand and a need to speed up the growing process), so my answer is that when you smoke a cig you inhale a LOT more than just tobacco smoke, and most of those chemicals are carcinogenic (cancer causing). So far, marijuana is pretty much natural, kind of an herbal "remedy" so to speak. My fear is that total legalization of the "herb" will result in mass growing, and the chemical supplimentation needed to grow it fast. At that point, marijuana will be just as "cancer causing" as cigarettes. Soooo....the best thing to do is keep it "somewhat" illegal, and prevent this from happening!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I remember a poster in the smokers' area back in high school that detailed all of the chemicals you find in the average cigarette.

There may be more tar in a joint than a cigarette, and you might hold the smoke in your lungs longer, allowing more time for fine particles to settle blah blah blah.

But you know that you're not going to find arsenic, hydogen cyanide, cadmium, zinc, acetone, napthalene, methanol, vinyl chloride, toluene, nicotine, mercury, ammonia, formaldehyde, etc etc in a spliff!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
        There may be more tar in a joint than a cigarette, and you might hold the smoke in your lungs longer, allowing more time for fine particles to settle blah blah blah.

But you know that you're not going to find arsenic, hydogen cyanide, cadmium, zinc, acetone, napthalene, methanol, vinyl chloride, toluene, nicotine, mercury, ammonia, formaldehyde, etc etc in a spliff!
        All true (again )

In addition, I would say that cigarette smokers smoke more cigarettes in a day (1 pack/day would be 20 cigs) than tokers smoke joints (maybe 2 or 3 fatties/day).

That being said, I hardly smoke joints... I much prefer hits from my 3-foot bong
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...490947&pl=true
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't think we have to worry about marijuana being loaded with chemicals if it's made legal. Think about it this way, it's soo easy to grow your own in the back yard, I wouldn't ever need to buy it, because I can grow more than I can smoke.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hell, when it's legal, you can grow it in your FRONT yard
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Free the weed
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                X