PayPal cross border fee? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last comment on this in case you guys are wondering:

"* If your transaction involves a currency conversion, it will be completed at a retail foreign exchange rate determined by PayPal, which is adjusted regularly based on market conditions. This exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. The specific exchange rate that applies to your multiple currency transaction will be displayed at the time of the transaction. "

It's a fee for converting currency.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I think that's a red herring when the buyer funds it with a credit card. The credit card company will pay for the item in USD because the buyer selects USD in the paypal purchase screen. No exchange rate issue for paypal. The buyer deals with exchange rate issues with the credit card company as it shows up on his statement that way.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Do they charge you a cross border fee for Canada?
        Anyone know?

Got a nibble on one of my auctions from a guy in Canada.

I dont want to get hit with MORE fees than the usual Ebay and paypal......

thanks in advance?
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X