Where is jgcable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is jgcable??

Well... after barely making it out Friday with my job intact I can tell you where I won't be from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday....
    HERE.
    Spyware sucks.
    I am now focusing back on my career during the day.
    I feel like a recovering JCF addict.
    Anyway... I'll still be on at night and the weekends.

JG

I was busted for using ebay at work. The IT guys had locked everyone out, but they forgot that there is an ebay.uk, so I was able to log into my account through the UK site and check my auctions, etc. At least my productivity was better than anyone else's-probably the only thing that kept me employed.

Are you using the shortboard or the longboard with your Vetta? I'm thinking about selling my Podxt and buying a Vetta, but can't tell if the long board will have that much of an advantage over the shortboard I already have.

Comment

That's a drag.

Now that I think about it, I would be hard-pressed to explain all of my Net usage if called upon.

Comment

I couldn't come up with a valid excuse. I told them I was addicted which is the truth. Kind of how my kids are addicted to Myspace and Instant Messenger.

The only board to use with the Vetta is the FBV Longboard.

Comment

I figured you had gone to "knock off" the cousin who wouldn't sell you the vintage guitars.
          "POOP"

Comment

That sucks man! The internet sure helps pass the day at work, but you've got to remember that the big guy is always watching.

Comment

I can't believe people get that pissed off over the net.

Comment

Damn John. At leat you weren't fired. Makes me feel lucky that I don't have internet access at work. I used to at my old job, but it was at a ,com and they didn't give a shit. You'll get used to it. It'll take time, but you'll adjust.
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Instead of taking smoke breaks during work, I go to this forum. I'm in good with the IT guys here.

Comment

Good luck John. Hopefully they aren't too pissed off at you.
                    Last edited by DonP; 05-31-2006, 08:33 AM.

Comment

It's a shame more employers don't realize that if they let you surf when you're not busy with your work tasks, you can be refreshed and do a better job for them. Unfortunately, many employers want you to "look" busy at all times, whether you have something productive to do or not.

If it's interfering with you doing your job, that's a problem. Otherwise, it may actually help you work better.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

As an employer/business owner, fiddle farting around on the Internet during normal work hours is a form of theft. You're stealing "time" and you can spin it anyway you want, but it's a fact. After working in corporate America for 20 years and then private business for just over 10 years, I have never seen an employee COMPLETELY CAUGHT UP WITH THEIR WORK. There is always something to do and I reward my employees that show initiative.

If you're employer let's you surf, good for him and you. When productivity drops, don't act surprised.
                        "POOP"

Comment

As long as it doesn't affect your work performance then I don't see a problem with it. People often have a hard time with priorities and that is when it IS a problem. Work should always be the priority while at WORK. Not surfing.....
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
                            I figured you had gone to "knock off" the cousin who wouldn't sell you the vintage guitars.
                            Gina...the "Dolt" who "gave away" a Frehley-owned LP Custom, and a Clapton-owned Strat :ROTF:

Comment

Well, I felt bad for using the word "dolt," so I refrained. Thanks for taking up my slack!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X