good year for metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good year for metal?

Today my history teacher told my class the last thing we're doing for the year is a scrapbook/album type thing for a specific year in American history, so I figured I'd do a year that involved a lot of metal so I wouldn't have to put as much crap about other stuff . Any suggestions of a year that has a lot of stuff in it? So far I'm considering 1982 or 1986, but I figured I'd get some input first.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:45 AM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Go with 1984, it was the last year of the REAL Van Halen (with DLR). Also same year for Dokken's album Tooth and nail (one of my favs). Twas a great year for metal music.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

1986 Because, well...Master of Puppets and Reign in Blood....

Comment

Yeah, so far 86 is sounding like it had the most because of those albums and Peace Sells came out that year along with Cliff Burton dying in the accident.
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

1986 is also when iron maiden began using synths, so you could include how that was a turning point in metal toward the thrash stuff. i think priest's "turbo" came out that year too, and was looked at as being "soft" like maiden's "somewhere in time"...because of synths!!! i think....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
              1986 is also when iron maiden began using synths, so you could include how that was a turning point in metal toward the thrash stuff. i think priest's "turbo" came out that year too, and was looked at as being "soft" like maiden's "somewhere in time"...because of synths!!! i think....
              that criticism of using synth guitars, etc, was talking out the a$$ then and still is. those were some great albums.

I loved Somewhere in Time.
              and JP was killer on the Turbo tour.
              are we musicians? I love keyboards in music.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I remember the same argument when those albums came out. My only real criticism of Turbo was these old guys singing teeny singalong rebellion songs. Seemed pretty naff to me. I liked the Priest, picked up their live video that year too, but some of the songs on Turbo were a bit wussy. Out in the Cold was way cool but!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Im your turd hole lover.....better run for cover...........

Out in the cold was a great tune tho.

Somewhere in time is my favorite maiden lp, so there ya go.

1986 was cool, DLR came out with eat em and smile, Queensryche's rage for order. Great year for metal of all kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper
                    1986 Because, well...Master of Puppets and Reign in Blood....
                    +1. Reign In Blood basically changed the face of metal!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X