X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome show

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
      Orion live full for the first time ever.
      Shit, that's the only Metallica song I like.

InFlamed666 -
      Nobody came on the stage and punched him. Maybe it happenede before the show in the backstage. who knows?

Comment

i haven't watched it completely (yet. i recorded the show though) but so far i agree, hetfield got his ass kicked the sound was pretty sucky at the beginning - thank god i didn't have to listen to kirks crappy version of the creeping death solo - which is a pretty damn cool solo imo! -, the fade to black intro and middle section leads are bad enough
        but is it just me or did they have some serious tuning issues at the beginning? especially the first two songs sounded really out of tune, i guess it was james' guitar as you couldn't hear kirk anyways

Comment

Whenever I've heard Metallica live they've ALWAYS sounded out of tune, like their guitar tech cant intonate a bloody guitar to save his life!!
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Here's the recorded audio of the show (done by 4ankam on HC forums):
            http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D994ALNW (187 mb, rar file)

I'm really interested into Orion.

Comment

"Whenever I've heard Metallica live they've ALWAYS sounded out of tune, like their guitar tech cant intonate a bloody guitar to save his life!!"
              yeah, now that you mentioned it i think it might very well be an intonation problem rather than just the tuning. i mean, the low Eb/C/D whatever they were tuned to string had the typical "attack spike" but he probably used pretty thin strings...but e.g. the fuel chorus was way out of tune, and for that one he's mainly playing chords high up the neck...

Comment

I'm listening to the audio atm. Intro solo to Sanitarium sounds way out of tune! Looks like he was missing frets, not just poorly intonated guitar!

EDIT: James' voice improved a bit though, he doesn't have that black rapper voice anymore (you can still hear some traces of it though). That voice always made me laugh .

Hearing the setlist, I would go to the Metallica show somewhere nearby, but Metallica days (and thrash/heavy metal in general) are long gone for me.
                Last edited by Nazgul; 06-04-2006, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
                  They covered master of puppets full. Orion live full for the first time ever.

Man this show rocked.
                  sorry..you are a bit mistaken!

Metallica played two shows with the Rolling Stones in their hometown of San Francisco on November 13, 2005 and November 15, 2005. Metallica opened both nights and the concert was held at AT&T Park. At these gigs the band played "Orion" which previously had not been performed since Cliff Burton's death.
                  (from Wikipedia)

too bad the mp3 posted here had so low bitrate...you can hear the compressed "data" sound...ughh

Comment

lol
                    @ 6min and 100min either he hit makeup room, or swelling subsided

Comment

Working...
                    X