Speeding ticket = ½ value of DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding ticket = ½ value of DK2M

They got me! Clocked me at 48% over allowed speed. Damn cops! $350 out the window! Christ!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Did they use there funny sounding siren to pull you over?
    nee-ner, nee-ner, nee-ner..
    Please be a good Dane, and follow the speed limit.
    Finn

Comment

Let that be a lesson to you, you lawbreaker!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

don't just be a good dane, be a great dane!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

It was a speed trap mounted in a van at the road side. I overtook a slow moving car and while overtaking, i noticed cars coming towards me in the opposite direction lane, so i quickly accelerated to be able to pull in again...normal procedure... and suddenly a flash hit me from the rear of the parked van.

It flashed me at the MOST INCONVENIENT TIME!

The freakin' police here don't put speed traps in the most dangerous places as they should. They put them where they can make the most money. They seek out wide, big roads with lots of wide space and good distance to the nearest houses (that's a low risk area for the pedestrian in my book), but yet marked as a low speed zone due to some city hall red tape.

That's a perfect money machine right there. Most drivers go over the max allowed limit there, simply due to the safe road and environment. Perfect spot for the police.

There goes ½ of a DK2M %!#%&¤"¤!!!!!!
          Henrik

Comment

[QUOTE=jackson1]They put them where they can make the most money. QUOTE]

It's the same in any country. If the police were there to protect people, they'd bump up your council tax.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I hate those new ones which calculate your average speed over a whole stretch of road. This stops people slowing down then speeding up again!
              Apparantly they have spent millions installing all these new 'SPECS' cameras on the premise that it would catch so many people they would easily get their money back. However poeple are so scared of it everyone drives 5mph under the limit everywhere they are located and so they never get to trap anyone any more!!
              If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Sorry to hear about it. I´ll stop now because anything else I could say and mean would come off as callous and condescending, as I don´t hold speeding in a high regard for multiple reasons. There are of course exceptions, but passing is not one of them IMO

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Let that be a lesson to you, you lawbreaker!

Breakin the what????

Comment

350.00 will hurt.. I've seen guys post tickets like that on the door to thier office after driving their BMW on the hiway like it was the autobahn. I think here that would be considered 'reckless'

Oh, I've been in a similar boat before so I can somewhat relate...I sped up passing a gravel truck one time (I don't like getting pelted with the occasional residual gravel even tho lawfully they have to secure that crap)
                    I was just coming up over a slight incline/hill and there they are.. waitin under an overpass.. I was 15 mph overlimit in a 55 when clocked and it was a good ways out. Even tho I slowed down after the pass, they took it at that vantage point at the crest of the hill. They like to nail ya from behind too.. either pace you or setup a trap from the on ramp behind you.
                    Speeding is speeding... I could have passed at 10mph over just as well.
                    48% overlimit tho is a tad much.. usually 9-10 miles over.. you'll get tagged.

He did ask if I had a reason and my reason was I wasn't paying close enough attention to my speed...

I've had Hiway Patrol cops be pretty understanding, even forgiving, but not at that speed w/o just (as in life threatning) cause.

I usually use my cruise control at 5 miles over now if I intend to be tempted.

Comment

350$ is pretty tough...now, that being said over here 50% above speed limit equals a loooong time without your drivers license

but i agree, speed traps SUCK....

Comment

I drive fast, all of the time. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting nailed sometime soon, as it's bound to happen (knock on wood).

Comment

Henrik, you should have told the cop that you were saving up money for a new guitar and really couldn't afford a traffic ticket right now. It may have turned out that he was a musician and would have let you off the hook. Ya gotta think ahead man!!!!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by andyeclipse
                            Breakin the what????
                            Breakin' the Law!! You got it!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYn5h...in%20the%20law
                            Last edited by StukaJU87; 06-05-2006, 08:09 AM.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                              Henrik, you should have told the cop that you were saving up money for a new guitar and really couldn't afford a traffic ticket right now. It may have turned out that he was a musician and would have let you off the hook. Ya gotta think ahead man!!!!
                              I better make this clearer: it was an un-manned (spelling?) speed trap, so no personal contact involved, you don't pull over either, you just continue driving with a burning sensation in the guts, after being hit with a powerful camera flash.

Believe or not, i have had a grey spot in my left eye since that day. You know when accidentically looking at the sun and then looking away, there's still a ghosted image of the sun? That usually goes away after 10 minutes or so, but this spot i have now, has been there for 3 days now. It's only visible when i'm outside in bright conditions.

It may sound like a joke to you, but it's starting to worry me. The day i was speed trapped, i was wearing sunglasses and yet the flash they fired was very very strong. I saw a sharp red flash of light when passing the van. I was shocked of the power of the light. I dunno.. i better go see a doctor about this. I bet he'll think i'm crazy.
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X