Let's take a moment to remember D-Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well.. lemme be the 1st from Europe to chime in here:

thanks to all US soldiers: you pulled us europeans out 2 times, WWI as well as WWII!

shame a lot of my fellow europeans seem to have a short memory.

Comment

Originally posted by pebber
      shame a lot of my fellow europeans seem to have a short memory.
      ?

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ighlight=black

RIP!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

SKOL!
        I, as a first generation American, (Danish decent)
        who served 5 years in the U.S. NAVY, thank all
        who partook in "Operation Overlord"
        I will never forget this date!
        Finn

Comment

A toast to all the brave Allied troops who secured our way of life.

I tend to believe that the spirit of those times is not so much lost as dormant. When once again we find ourselves confronted with a sufficiently serious threat to our way of life we will again find that those things we have in common far outweigh those things that stand between us.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

My uncle by marriage Pvt. Ted Ludsky stormed the beach at Normandy and survived without a scratch. My Dad told me he watched over 85% of his buddies die...then had to help remove what was left of them from the beach. He died last year..... RIP Ted. You were a good man!
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
              Men and boys.....like this country has never produced again. Truly, "The Greatest Generation".

Mike
              Without a doubt!

+ infinity!

Comment

I'ld Like to give thanks to all who served all who were brave what ever country it was . All the same it was Freedom.
                To my Grandfather Who served in alot of forward areas in Europe, it's been 12 years last month & your still the best Human being I've ever known.
                To everyone who lost & sacrificed for 1 country or another. Thank you.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

I give thanks to all Soldiers and Officers who fought, from every nation.

Comment

As a Frenchman let me express the 100% shared gratitude of all my people to the allies during WWII, of all nations, and our sadness and grief over all the deaths incurred during this war, of all people. Trust me Americans and allies, France will ALWAYS be thankful and never forget.

Comment

Great thread- this is my wife's grandfather, who was part of the attack on Utah Beach as part of the 4th Infantry. Earned a Bronze Star that day and three Purple Hearts during his four years in Europe, the first one coming on June 9th (D-Day +3).

We're naming our son after him when he arrives next month.

Comment

I'm not military affiliated in any way shape or form.. but as a citizen I recognize what these men and women had to go thru for us then and now.
                        I am grateful.. this is how this date should be remembered even if I am a day late on it.
                        A fitting cyber Salute to those!

Comment

Working...
                        X