Tabs on the net suck lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabs on the net suck lately

I like to learn as much stuff as I can by ear, but I admit, I do download tabs sometimes. It helps sometimes when you run across something funky and can save you a lot of time.

Lately, when I go to look for a tab, 9 times out of 10 I find the same version on every single frekin site and a lot of time it is flat out wrong. Prime example is Still Loving you By the Scorps. I pretty much have most of the song, but there are 2 different parts together and I am looking for a way to do it with one guitar that sounds better. EVERY single frekin place that has the Tab out there has this for the starting progression

|---6--------6--------6------9\8-6--------6------------5--------------------|
    |-----8--------8--------8----------8---8----8-------7-----7-----------------|
    |-------7--------7--------7------------7------7-----5-------5---------------|
    |-0------------------------------------8--------8---7---------7-------------|
    |----------8--------6------------------6------------5-----------------------|
    |---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Sorry, but that ain't right. The song is not standard 440, so maybe that has sonething to do with it if you feed it into a tab maker program, but I mean damn....

No, the album is not standard 440, and neither is Blackout or Animal Magnetism.

I'm the same way - I try to do as much by ear as I can, but if I get stuck on a weird chord, or I can't separate a 2 part guitar harmony, I look for tabs. The pickin's are slim for accuracy though.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Found it!

|---6----3----6---3-----6------9\8-6--------6------------5--1-------------3-----------|
      |-----8--------8-3------43-8----------8---8----8-------7----7----------5-5------------|
      |-------7----4----7--------7------34------7------7-----5---8----5----------------12---|
      |-0-----------------------3-------------8--------8---7-------3--7------5----3-----22--|
      |----------8---4-6----6-6-----------------6------------5------3----------3----3----22-|
      |-----7-------------4----------5-------------------4\3-------4---------4------12-------|

HAHAHAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Annah
        Found it!

|---6----3----6---3-----6------9\8-6--------6------------5--1-------------3-----------|
        |-----8--------8-3------43-8----------8---8----8-------7----7----------5-5------------|
        |-------7----4----7--------7------34------7------7-----5---8----5----------------12---|
        |-0-----------------------3-------------8--------8---7-------3--7------5----3-----22--|
        |----------8---4-6----6-6-----------------6------------5------3----------3----3----22-|
        |-----7-------------4----------5-------------------4\3-------4---------4------12-------|

HAHAHAH!
        What the ???

Comment

Working...
        X