new slayer song online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new slayer song online

check out www.slayer.net , they're streaming one of the new songs called "cult". yeah, the sound is pretty crappy (REALLY crappy actually ) but i like the music a lot! they should have used more of the cool distorted intro part to balance it with the high speed assault, but hell, it's slayer as a matter of fact i think i'll go and listen to RIB now

I'm not really that impressed with the song, but at least they got rid of that awful screaming from GHUA. It definitely sounds a little more like Slayer, but if that's the best they can come up with, this is going to be another Diabolus. Ah well, we'll see.

Comment

seriously, GHUA wasn't all that bad. at least the production was better than most of their stuff - i mean, e.g. hell awaits is an awful sounding record, even for the mid 80s. by that time, metallica was making kickass sounding records, and the first testament also isn't exactly bad sounding - and the list goes on and on. stuff like south of heaven/seasons in the abyss is pure honk, no more no less. basically, the only decent sounding "old" slayer record is reign in blood
      sure, the vocals on ghua are....special and there's some pretty lame stuff like war zone, but all in all i dig the totally over the top aggression of that album. it's a great album for driving/speeding

as for the diabolus reference....frankly, i don't have diabolus in musica

Comment

I just got a 3 song sampler at work today, featuring "Cult", along with "Eyes of the Insane" and "Jihad". I am not the biggest slayer fan, but I'l tell ya this...it sounds like slayer!!

Comment

I love the new track. The lyrics rule. First day buyer for sure.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Hell yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

They're coming on the 21st, I'm soooo there...

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork
              I just got a 3 song sampler at work today, featuring "Cult", along with "Eyes of the Insane" and "Jihad". I am not the biggest slayer fan, but I'l tell ya this...it sounds like slayer!!
              Any way we could hear that?

Comment

The Unholy Alliance Tour presents Slayer with special guests Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Mastodon

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 5:30 PM
                Doors: 5:00 PM
                ClevelandTower City Amphitheater

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                  check out www.slayer.net , they're streaming one of the new songs called "cult".
                  Well, it's Slayer all right. I'm with Baum83.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

but then again, nowadays it's *really* difficult to write a groundbreaking record, and don't forget that back in the 80s bands like slayer, testament, exodus wrote the records that today's metal bands are drawing inspiration from. the fact that they're still putting out "good" music is quite enough for me to be honest. i mean, those bands pretty much founded a whole genre, i don't see why they should do the same thing 20 years later.....in my book, those bands have a certain style that's well known and liked by many people, therefore they shouldn't change a goddamn thing (cough metallica cough) and leave the whole innovation stuff to younger/more recent bands.

Comment

I think the song is pretty good, considering their age I wish their songs had a little less mids and bring the guitars forward a little more, but man, you can really hear the bass in that song!! I am going to try to make the Cleveland show since the fuckers aren`t coming to Pittsburgh for some reason Are the seats in Cleveland General Admission only-CM? Jack.

Comment

I had high hopes from the beginning of the song.

It started out cool, the rest of it is rocking and Lombardo is on the friggin' spot, but it sounds like pretty much every other slayer song.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hey Jack General standing, and preferred..

STANDING ROOM ONLY-GENERAL ADMISSION: $34.50 - $42.00

42, gets ya near the stage in the red zones on their chart...

http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/217771

Comment

Working...
                          X