Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who're you rooting for in the world cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who're you rooting for in the world cup?

I'll be cheering these gys on

HA! I was just going to start a World Cup Fever thread! Brazil (with or without their Italian ringer Petrucci) is obviously the favorite (along with Germany), but I will be cheering for the US of A. There ain't no pride like national pride. If the US can get out of their group it will be a major feat. Second tier of favorites is obviously Netherlands, Argentina, Italy, C. Republic, England and France. There are too many dark horses to list, and the amount of minnows grows smaller every four years.

-Mike

Comment

I'm cheering for baseball. Geaux baseball!
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The Netherlands won the Eurocup 2006 for players under 21 too bad for them nobody cares haha

I really don' t care for soccer at all.. I think Brazil will win.. and Germany will probably do well because it's the host..
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Being English, I automatically assume that we're going to win (Like we have done every time....), and have festooned everything I own with EngErLand flags. Fortunately, we already have our excuses prepared for when we get knocked out by Antartica - "Rooney's got a busted foot, we was robbed!"

Comment

I don´t care who wins, but I´ll certainly be watching most of the USA and German games

Comment

England WILL win this time... for sure! Footballs coming home.
              Apparantly Rooney says he is "300% sure he will play".
              Deep down I know we will go out in the groups...
              Brazil will prob win, germany will survive the group but dont have enough world class players to get any further!
              Cant wait, although iv got an exam which clashes with englands first game
              If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

I found it interesting that England actually has blacklisted a large number of "fans" from going to Germany to "riot" (root) for the team. And I thought the players were tough.:ROTF:
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

as a scottish bloke living in england I will of course be cheering on the english. Or supporting every team that play against them. Oh, I can't decide- which way to turn... Either way I'll be avoiding the pub as all the fans on banning orders who have has to surrender their passports wil be looking out for foreigners- ie me

Comment

Originally posted by richardlawson
                    as a scottish bloke living in england I will of course be cheering on the english. Or supporting every team that play against them. Oh, I can't decide- which way to turn... Either way I'll be avoiding the pub as all the fans on banning orders who have has to surrender their passports wil be looking out for foreigners- ie me
                    :ROTF: :ROTF: Good call!!!!
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Of course I'll cheer for Germany, but they are definitely not amongst the top teams. Maybe in 2010, but not this year - we'll have to rely on our luck again
                      Argentina is another favorite of mine, as they usually play great football.

Comment

I will support Argentina. Messi can be the star of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by richardlawson
                          Was it Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels that had a Manchester pub scene? Funny shit, but very true that English and Scottish soccer fans are very serious about their devotion.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

USA & Portugal - I'll be happy if either wins

Comment

I didn't know the world had balls to mandate a "cup"..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X