• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Voted Today in the California Primary

And all I got was this lousy sticker!

-a

Did you vote in Spanish?

Comment

No, I didn't even notice what the sticker said until after I made it to my car. I've voted in 5 or 6 elections in my life now, and every time they've all said "I Voted" except for this one!

-a

Comment

Hmm... Whenever I voted all I got was the voting stub.

Comment

that sticker about shows the problems that we are having in CA right now. voting IS for citizens only right? and citizens ARE supposed to have learned English, aren't they? so voting should be only done in English. to protect the rights of citizens here. there is no argument against that that makes any logical sense.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
            that sticker about shows the problems that we are having in CA right now. voting IS for citizens only right? and citizens ARE supposed to have learned English, aren't they? so voting should be only done in English. to protect the rights of citizens here. there is no argument against that that makes any logical sense.
            And we have (had) people on the ballot like Busby who was bold enough to tell a crowd of illegals that they don't need papers to vote in California!

-a

Comment

You get stickers for voting!!!!

I voted and all I got was Tony Blairs Labour govt, certianly not what I asked for!

Comment

The workers at the polling place I went to were totally clueless.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                  and citizens ARE supposed to have learned English, aren't they?
                  Someone correct me if this is wrong but I don't believe that proficiency in English is currently a citizenship requirement. After all, we don't have an official language.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
                    Someone correct me if this is wrong but I don't believe that proficiency in English is currently a citizenship requirement. After all, we don't have an official language.
                    as you requested, correcting...

Welcome to the naturalization home page. Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is conferred upon a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The general requirements for administrative naturalization include:
                    • a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States;
                    • residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing;
                    • an ability to read, write, and speak English;
                    • a knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;
                    • good moral character;
                    • attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution; and,
                    • favorable disposition toward the United States.
                    the link: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/index.htm

Comment

That reminds me of the hard time my mom had with the "history" portion of the test, oh so many years ago.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                        And we have (had) people on the ballot like Busby who was bold enough to tell a crowd of illegals that they don't need papers to vote in California!

-a
                        yes and see what happened to her yesterday? she got beat by an outspoken immigration enforcement-only advocate. as it should be.

wait, this means something logical and sensible just happened in CA electoral politics, now the fucken moon will fall out of the sky!

Comment

Gracias skorb, I didn't think we were still that sane here.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Well we're getting closer to an official language. Not sure what the exact status of this amendment is:

http://www.us-english.org/inc/

Comment

If I got a sticker like that bro, I would flip out, I am sick and tired of the whole Spanish shit-our goverment are fucking scum pandering fucks Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X