lets ban together a fight the illegal actions of fender and gibson guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets ban together a fight the illegal actions of fender and gibson guitars

lets protest and send letters and fight against the unconstitutional actions of the trademarking of guitar bodies shapes.its fucking stupid.the only reason why they doing it is to get away with making low quality products because then you couldnt by lets say an explorer form jackson so gibson can keep getting cheapper on the manufacturing while charging you the same.hell they bought kramer whose most of kramers in the past was available left handed now since gibson bought them,maybe one or two are lefties.the fact is if other companies are allow to make the a version of your model guitars,it does hurt you unless your so lazy you dont want to work harder to put out the better product.its called competiton.what fender and gibson wants to do is monoploize when in business is unethical and illegal.so write to the trademark commison telling them to overturn and fix the trademarking law for guitar bodies shapes,etc.hell this would mean evem you building your own version of a explorer or strat,etc could be sued,down the road.the main reason gibson stopped jackson is because jackson is now owned by fender.which is pathetic jealousy.is simplifies the greed in these companies that needs to be stop for the good of the companies and the musicians both.if i owned lets say gibson, i would let other companies make their versions,it would help keep me on my toes to make better ones than my competition.as well it helps with research and development of new techniques,and products.this was the old american business way.before all the greedy bastarfds took over.it seems these companies are no better than enron.i can wait till some true musician buys both fender and gibson and eliminates those trademark restrictions.the only legal constitutional trademark is you cant make a les pual then put gibson name on it.otherwise those who just use the body/headstock shape are not breaking any legal trademark.but gibson/fender pay those trademark comission people under the table to change the laws in their favor.we must fight back by petitionig against those traemark restrictions on other companies using so called trademark body/headstock shapes.

I bet you can't wait to get to high school where you will learn about paragraphs and sentences and stuff. Comparing Enron to Gibson is pretty funny though - I've got to give you that.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Do you have a sister named Helen?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

just looking at that post gives me a headache.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I can tell from your post that English isn't your primary language, so won't comment on your sentence structure, spelling, grammar. I'm sure in your native tongue, your argument was well thought out, logical and eloquently stated.

I was unaware (having not grown up learning about the constitutional of your country) that you had an amendment providing the people with the freedom to appropriate the design ideas of another for your own gain!

Originally posted by garykeller15
          gibson/fender pay those trademark comission people under the table to change the laws in their favor.
          I hope you have some solid evidence supporting such a claim otherwise, while you consider what these companies are doing as unconstitutional, they may consider your comments libelous.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm suing my dog for crapping on the carpet.
            "POOP"

Comment

I'm suing the carpet manufacturer for giving my dog a place to crap thereby making her do a bad thing in the house. Poor pup has a complex now.

Oh, and the food manufacturer is suing my dog for using their food to do bad things in my house.

P.S.: To the thread starter, Crystal Meth is not your friend.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer
                I'm suing the carpet manufacturer for giving my dog a place to crap thereby making her do a bad thing in the house. Poor pup has a complex now.

Oh, and the food manufacturer is suing my dog for using their food to do bad things in my house.

Comment

I am suing HP for making the monitor that is enabling me to read this thread.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

No comment

Comment

While you´re at it, you´ll have to boycot Jackson, Ibanez, Conkliln, Novax and PRS, because they all have trademarks on their designs and enforce them.

I think ESP would be the only manufacturer left then, as they only build knockoffs

Seriously: I think you´re severely misinformed in almost all aspects of trademark law. THere is a good reason that Trademarks exist. Or does every soda pop company where you are make Coca Cola and label it as such?

I´m sorry, but WHY should anyone invent or design ANYTHING if by your logic it´s fair game to steal it right off the bat?

I assume that you boycott Dimarzio, WD Music products / Tonepros, and Ruby Tubes / Magic parts as well? Because they have TRULY fraudulous trademarks and egregious business practices that are IMO much more worth boycotting

BTW: Gibson didn´t "stop" Jackson, they stopped of their own accord, even though they could still build certain shapes if they really wanted to due to loopholes in the Documentation (Explorer, Firebird + Y2KV, for example)
                      Last edited by Zerberus; 06-07-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Sue your parents for having you. You didn't ask to be born.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Get his new album "Sue 'Em All"
                          Great songs such as
                          "Enter Napster"
                          "Amazon.com"
                          "Passive copy right enfringement"

Comment

Originally posted by garykeller15
                            its fucking stupid.
                            Something here is stupid.... :ROTF:
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

You don't need to protest, just go to China where you can buy a Chinese Fender Strat or Gibson Les Paul. And you don't need to go to China either, just buy them on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X