DLR on Jay Leno...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLR on Jay Leno...

God help me, I loved it. I thought Dave sounded a little crazy, but he looked like a million bucks and the banjo player was killer.

Can't wait to see what Ed has to say about this!

Very different but good, overall I surprisingly like it.
    However, I wouldn't pay to see that classic VH played like that.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I'm sorry but I was thinking, "WTF??" when I saw it. I even flipped to another channel and back during it because I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. Diamond Dave goes Country? I'm still baffled as I write this.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I've got my copy of "Strummin' With The Devil" on order!

Here's a link if you wanna see the show
        http://www.streamload.com/new_twonab...o/DLR_Leno.mpg

(Right-click and Save As)

Comment

I really liked that, although DLR frightens me nowadays. He has the "Joker Permasmile"--gotta be high on something other than life.

His vocal limitations also stand out much more in this environment. The band was great, though. I doubt Ed cares, as long as the royalty checks come his way.

Comment

Eh... not too bad really. I kinda liked it.
            Dave still looks like a game show host.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion
              I really liked that, although DLR frightens me nowadays. He has the "Joker Permasmile"--gotta be high on something other than life.

His vocal limitations also stand out much more in this environment. The band was great, though. I doubt Ed cares, as long as the royalty checks come his way.
              Brilliant! +1 I thought it was very good and his vocals really standout. It looked like he was having a good time being on stage again. It's like trying to keep a tiger locked up in a cage. Let em' out!
              The band was very good as well. Maybe he can get country shred artist, Alvin Lee to do some chickin' pickin' in his band.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I had to fukking laugh last night...... I just gave Mrs. STLKINGV the vein ladden meat pipe and flipped on Leno...... OMG, I'm thinking that Eddie and Alex need to regroup with this guy and Mike...... As was said in the post above, "Dave is like a caged tiger".... No doubt!!!

Bring back the mighty V~H~!!!!

A~
                All hail the 'King'
                R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                  I reckon he's starting to look like Alan Alda!

Comment

I got two words for Van Halen..IF there will ever be a Van Halen

Jorne Lande ..he's the ONLY one that could pull Ed and co. out of their coffin.

Sam or Dave..yeesh!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If Eddie has any teeth left in his head, they fell out when he saw this.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                        Eh... not too bad really. I kinda liked it.
                        I thought it was Terrence Hill!

He did seem a little "Vegas" in his performance. Something about the way he moved.

I did enjoy it though. The band was great, and Dave seemed to genuinely enjoy himself.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                          I thought it was Terrence Hill!

He did seem a little "Vegas" in his performance. Something about the way he moved.

I did enjoy it though. The band was great, and Dave seemed to genuinely enjoy himself.
                          But Dave always acts like that...even if he's the the reciever of a prison gang rape..that's just Dave..
                          Last edited by horns666; 06-07-2006, 02:25 PM.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Rock Gone He-Haw
                            "POOP"

Comment

I was playing my guitar when he came on. I missed the introduction, and didn't recognize the song or Dave until the chorus. After recognizing both it was like watching a car wreck! The banjo solo at the end of the 1st solo mimicking the keyboard solo was pretty cool.

It's also on youtube.com:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X