No announcement yet.

Getting ready to go into the studio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to go into the studio...

DUDEFUCKINHELLYEAH! is going into the studio this weekend to record our first real EP. We are going record with my good friend Jim Doser, a recording engineer that you may remember as the Executive Producer of L.A. Metal, the TV show we did a few years ago. I am going to be bringing in my usual guitar rig:

Rack:

ADA MP1
    VHT 2150
    BBE sonic maximizer

Pedals:
    Ernie Ball Jr. VU pedal
    various Electro Harmonics pedals, including the Octave Multiplexer

Peterson VSAM virtual strobe tuner

cabinets:

Marshall 4x12 1960AV (with Vintage 30's)
    Mesa Boogie 4x12 halfback

I am going to be laying down all the base rythym tracks with my Gibson SG Special. Next I am going to double my guitar tracks with one of two guitars; my first guitar, a Jackson Fusion with an EMG 81 for the shredder/death metal riffs, and one of the guitars that I made with a mahogany body and maple top that's sort of like a Dinky made with Les Paul woods. It sounds heavy as fuck, so I'll use that to double the doomier and tougher Motorhead-y riffs. It's the guitar I have tuned to A right now my other projects. I love that thing! Too much to tour with it for DUDE, it stays safe.

I am also going to be running a second guitar rig simultaneously as the stage rig. I am going to be running a Metal Zone into my Marshall VS65R that I use as a practice amp. It's a really good sounding amp, made in England, and the Metal Zone is just the shit for getting that solid state death metal sound! It gives great definition, and it complements the huge tube rig very well! Originally I wanted to play shows with DUDE with both amps, but I'm already the gear whore as it is.

As for preparing myself, I am playing guitar today, as well as meditating and I started fasting this morning. Why? Why not. I've done plenty of recordings in the past, but I want this one to be special. There's a certain magic or spirit or whatever, call it what you want, but you certainly want it with you in the studio. Recordings capture a mood, and I've always thought of myself as a soulful player before being a technical player.

So this is how it goes, I am looking forward to coming out soon with a recording we can be proud of!!

GRIND ON!
    -Ace

Good luck, man!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Let it rip,Ace!Congrats and good luck!...............
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

Good luck, Ace! Lay some killer tracks down. Remember, another (yet another!) dubbed rythm guitar won't hurt!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

good luck ace, have fun!

"
            I am going to be laying down all the base rythym tracks with my Gibson SG Special. Next I am going to double my guitar tracks with one of two guitars; my first guitar, a Jackson Fusion with an EMG 81 for the shredder/death metal riffs, and one of the guitars that I made with a mahogany body and maple top that's sort of like a Dinky made with Les Paul woods. It sounds heavy as fuck, so I'll use that to double the doomier and tougher Motorhead-y riffs. It's the guitar I have tuned to A right now my other projects. I love that thing! Too much to tour with it for DUDE, it stays safe. "
            don't do it. use only ONE guitar per song for all the overdubs. the thing is that having two different guitars per song might cause some slight tuning inaccuracies (sp?) which sounds like shit. and no, i didn't make this up, this info was posted by andy sneap on his forum.

Comment

Working...
            X