Tendonitis?Carpal?WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tendonitis?Carpal?WTF?

I may go to the doctor tomorrow or soon to check on some swelling i have in my left index finger(my fretting hand).The first joint in my finger is the most affected.The middle joint isnt too bad as well as the joint in my palm(i feel a little pain in both if i apply pressure).I thought the swelling went away last couple of days but i over did it the other night and its swollen again.I can still play power chords and alot of other things but a E or A minor chord is a b*tch or nearly impossible when my finger is swollen.Wont bend in that position.If i put my fingernail right under my computer table and push up no problem,little or no pain.But when i push my finger down,like pushing a button,theres my problem.My pinky tip also was sore awhile back but its really not bothersome anymore.This is just one finger but its starting to become a problem and worrisome.Anyone else have these or similar problems?
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Hold your hand out in front of you, palm facing down, and tap the back of your hand lightly with two fingers (of your other hand of course) held together. Do you feel numbness, pain, or the sensation of a pin prick in your fingers / other parts of your hand?

Comment

No sensation.Just when i tap the swollen part of my finger.Lol.Im thinking this could be so many things....

Comment

Originally posted by crowley_67
        No sensation.Just when i tap the swollen part of my finger.Lol.Im thinking this could be so many things....
        Don't think it is Carpal Tunnel... Usually that above test results in something if it is.

Could very well be just some soreness from overuse. A buddy of mine had a really bad wrist problem a while back that assumed was from guitar playing, but it was actually from sitting in front of the computer for 12 hours a day sitting too low so that the bloodflow to his hand was being cut off by the edge of his desk. Always good to get it checked out though.

Comment

It's not carpal tunnel, sounds more like arthritis.

Comment

Arthritis is in my family history.Arthritis would suck.Just one finger for now tho.I also do not like taking any type of meds unless i absolutley have to.Looks like i may have to now if thats the case.Docs office is closed today so im gonna have to wait for another day off to go...

Comment

Doesn't sound like tendonitis either. I've had that and noticed no swelling at all. Definitely a closer fit to the description of arthritis.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, sounds like arthritis. Try taking an anti-inflamatory like motrin, as a therapy it can really help.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Well i`m wondering if i put my finger in a splint and cut down on its use would help?i saw some stuff at the store i could rub on it to help the pain and swelling.I think i really need to get it diagnosed first.But it does seem like arthritis.

Comment

sounds like GOUT. Its a form of arthritis. It sucks too. DO some research on it.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg
                      sounds like GOUT. Its a form of arthritis. It sucks too. DO some research on it.
                      My uncle has gout.I dont think thats the problem tho.But who knows.Im trying some ALEVE now.Man,im 38.Im thinking thats too young to have arthritis.

Comment

I agree sounds like arthritis.

Comment

Working...
                        X