Ipod just crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod just crashed

My 40g ipod just took a dump on me. I have since tried all the unistall/install,reformat, etc but still it wont read when I connect to my computer. I have had it for 2 years with no issues. Do these things just crap out after a while?? BTW I have not found much success on any of the ipod forums.
    What would Jerry do?

Yep... sometimes they just die.
    Usualy after the warranty expires.
    -Rick

Comment

take it to an Apple store, there are several in LA I'm sure.
      they can usually bring it back to life.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

lol johnstone...

gotta love the convenient coincidental crapouts...

Comment

Mine shit the bed like that while it was still under warranty. I sent it to Apple and those twats sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it. It wass a bitch to get it to stop going to the file error screen, but even after I got it working again, it would shit out a day or so later.
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

get used to it. I've been through 3 20 gig ipods. It seems like they die on me every 8 months.

this last one I've had for a while though. Literally, after 8 months, it died, and I was already out of a warranty. So I just waited a while, didnt use it, and somehow it started working again.

Well 8 months later it died AGAIN! I was fed up at this point and decided to try an old computer geek trick. I pryed open the ipod, took the tiny hard drive out and put it in the freezer over night. Wa-la! It works.

Well it turns out that only worked for a few days. It crapped out on me after like 2 days and I had had MORE than enough. So I chucked it against my wall as hard as I could. A few minutes later, out of curiosity I decided to mess with it. Bam, it works like a dream,and hasnt screwed up since

give em what the deserve, a good beating. they'll come back to life.

Comment

Voila you mean
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hahaha.

best advice ever. throw it against the wall.

Comment

for those out of warranty:

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the help. I had actually taken it to an Apple store but they were less than accommodating since it is for a pc and not a mac. I will throw it against the wall this evening.
                      What would Jerry do?

Comment

My ipod stopped working today. I updated the iTunes and my ipod could not be recognised by the computer anymore. I've tried rebooting many times. it just shows the apple logo and stops. PallarAndersVisa how did you open the ipod?
                        Sam

Comment

I had the same trouble with a 20GB model. 3rd Gen, I think. Crapped out every month for about 8 months. It finally wouldn't be recognized by the computer (PC). I put it in disk mode and reformatted it I think, then did the "restore" thing and it worked for a while more. I finally got sick of it and sold it to a guy that fixes/parts them and got an SD card for a pocketPC. Pretty happy so far.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I like the throw it against a wall advice

Comment

This is why I went with a Zen. I can jack it into virtually anything. Syncs with my Contact lists. Can use it as a 1-15 gig HD if I need a boot drive.

I have a friend who's been through 3 IPuds since I got mine. The downside? I can't use the 6,345,871 accessories available for the IFail...err...IPod.
                              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                              X