$5 Longines watch. Photo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5 Longines watch. Photo help

I love the fleamarket!!! I snagged a Longines Admiral watch for $5. Automatic. Day/Date. And it works!!!! 10K goldfilled and the original Speidel band. Its all stock. In the case, with the paperwork. It's a 1972 or earlier. I know this because, inside the velvet watch holder it says: Official Timer Olympic Games Munich 1972. Here's where I need help. Is there anyone out there, near Seattle if possible, that has a camera capable of taking real clean close-up shots? I would mail it to you postage paid boths ways for a bunch of real nice pictures. My eye isn't good enough nor is my camera to do this watch justice. I may not sell it but if I do, I need real good pictures. Thanks, in advance.
    Last edited by fett; 06-17-2006, 02:49 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Maybe Donnie can use his nice black sheets as background!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My camera sucks too.

Comment

http://s89500954.onlinehome.us/Longi...1_508.html#top Here's what it looks like. Bling.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Bling Just hit "Cancel"

Comment

Good score, those are nice reliable timepieces.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

It's still ticking. Sometimes. But it probably hasn't been on a wrist in years. UMMMM. He said timepiece. I say: New Guitar!!!!!:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
            Last edited by fett; 06-19-2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
              Good score, those are nice reliable timepieces.

Mike
              I have been doing my research. These watches were made for two years, 72-74. They have a unique movement, in-house Longines. Parts are not available anymore. You are a watch guy. If I decide to sell it, do you think it would be OK to steal that guy's pictures with pics of mine? This watch is either worth quite of few bucks or not. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                I have been doing my research. These watches were made for two years, 72-74. They have a unique movement, in-house Longines. Parts are not available anymore. You are a watch guy. If I decide to sell it, do you think it would be OK to steal that guy's pictures with pics of mine? This watch is either worth quite of few bucks or not. What do you think?
                Depending on condiition, it is worth up to a few hundred bucks. Look on E-bay for pricing. Yeah, Longines used to make their own movements...but so did most houses prior to the quartz "dark-ages". Getting that fixed is not that difficult, just find a competent watchmaker..ther are plenty of parts around.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. I have been looking on E-Bay and I haven't seen anything like it. This watch is in excellent condition. I'll just wear it and enjoy the bling until I see one pop up. Then I might get an idea of what it is worth. Box, papers and stock. God, I love the fleamarket.

Comment

Thanks Mike. I have been looking on E-Bay and I haven't seen anything like it. This watch is in excellent condition. I'll just wear it and enjoy the bling until I see one pop up. Then I might get an idea of what it is worth. Box, papers and stock. God, I love the fleamarket.

Comment

I doubled up. I'm sorry

Comment

Those are good watches...I used to do a great deal of vintage watch collecting. It really was amazing what you could buy for very little...not like guitars at all. You could buy something like a vintage Hamilton or Illinois and pop it open to reveal a movement as good and as elaborately decorated as a modern Lang or the such. Gold chantons, swan's head regulators, everthing pearlaged, angled, jeweled to the hilt...just amazing...gold trains, etc. etc. Movements like that cost tens of thousands now....

Mike

Comment

I can't miss:ROTF: :ROTF: . Here's what the box looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

My camara Wont work, Damn $50 Peice of crap
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

It's made in China, right?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X