No Dell Laptops for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Dell Laptops for me!

Play free online games and win real prizes at Gembly! All your favorite solitaire games, card games, dice games against real players. Play and win!

No name + no date + no city = fake news story, possible urban legend
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know that dell has been recalling a huge amount of laptop batteries for some reason. I found this out by accident while getting service for one of my buddy's dell laptops. Ive heard of cellphone batteries exploding but this is the first Ive heard of laptops.

Comment

They did a story on the local news about laptops catching on fire. It seems that these cheap batteries that they are buying from overseas cannot handle the power needed to run these machines and they are overheating. These batteries from overseas are cheap because they do not make them to code like the batteries built in the U.S. Thus, they overheat and catch fire. The story was on Apple laptops. The reporter found out about this because her nephews laptop caught on fire. The kid was using the laptop while laying down on the rug in the living room. He left it on and left and later on when someone walked into the room they smelled something burning. They went over to the laptop and they could tell there was something wrong so they took it outside on the driveway where it proceeded to catch on fire. They took pictures of the entire incident and it was shown on the report.

Comment

I did find that story, KingV, it was an iBook:

http://cbs11tv.com/watercooler/local...143165456.html
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the ibooks were recalled and did get hot as fuck, I had one.

I've known a lot of people to have trouble with the Dell laptops, but not that kind of trouble

Comment

Dell has great customer support. A month ago I bought a Dimension 9150 and there was a problem with the screen. In less then 12 hours they delivered a brand new screen!
              ..this has nothing to do with the laptops, so I'll shut up now
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Dell did a recall on batteries a few years ago because they were exploding.
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I own a Dell Inspiron 9300 and it does get warm, but the only time it gets hot is when I'm playing 3d games on it, and that's mostly from the vid card. Even at that, it's not THAT hot. I wonder if the fire in these pics was from some cheapass table cloth catching fire. Seems more likely than a laptop bursting into flames.

Comment

We've had batteries blow up before and it is usually when it is on a charger. If the charger circuit fails in a manner to leave a constant full charge on the battery, they very well can blow up like in those pictures.

Matt

Comment

They need the migrant worker from the dog rape thread to sit in a chair with a faulty Dell Laptop in his lap. After it blows, then put another on there....hehe

chuck
                      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                      X