New job offer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job offer!!!

Thats the good news bad news is it's in Iraq-40 miles north of Bagdad. I would be writing database for the military-hmm...
    6 months away-work everyday 12 hour shifts-hmm... and a helluva lot of $$$. Good thing is my jobsite is on a base with 23,000 military troops, working at central command in the air condition and bunk in a 2 bedroom trailer-(a/c)- with my buddy John who did 4 months last year. We will see-but my dad gonna have a shit-fit Oh-yeah I get to party in Amsterdam for a week after-I think I would need it!!!

Sounds pretty safe, and if the money's good looks like a good idea.....thank god you mentioned A/C or id advise against going haha. Good luck, hope it all works out!
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Good luck to ya!!!! My best friend has been working over there doing "Contract" security work for 1-1/2 years....... His bunk is in the "Green Zone"... He gets incoming morters at 6:00 am every few days as a wake-up call......

Stay safe Bro!!!

A~
      All hail the 'King'
      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV
        Good luck to ya!!!! My best friend has been working over there doing "Contract" security work for 1-1/2 years....... His bunk is in the "Green Zone"... He gets incoming morters at 6:00 am every few days as a wake-up call......

Stay safe Bro!!!

A~
        does he work for Black Water? John said they got hit pretty regular-freaked him out at first-then later he just stay bunked down in his trailer?? I don't know I think I might want to hit the bunker area myself

Comment

Can't you find a safer job?..like Crab fishing?

Comment

Sounds pretty safe and cool. Good luck to ya if you decide to go for it!

Comment

good luck. stay safe. come home healthy. make lotsa dough!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

don't go Tony, we need you around here, I just don't trust any part of that place. Really think about this one T. amd think well. please.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie
                  does he work for Black Water? John said they got hit pretty regular-freaked him out at first-then later he just stay bunked down in his trailer?? I don't know I think I might want to hit the bunker area myself
                  Black Water it is!! He is with "Team 22"..... They call their missions "Pony rides & Cake parties"... Insane fuggers for sure!!!

His contract ends the first of July..... He comes home to a porksteak BBQ and Long neck Buds at my place!!!

Again, stay safe my friend!!

A~
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie
                    work everyday 12 hour shifts-hmm...

So, 7 days a week?

and a helluva lot of $$$.

Uh, how much is a helluva lot? Just curious.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      So, 7 days a week?

Uh, how much is a helluva lot? Just curious.
                      Helluva lot= $200K +

I know if I had Military and/or Police in my background, I would be doing the same!!

A~
                      All hail the 'King'
                      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

You will just work for the army or you'll be an army member?
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Be carefull out there,its a lot worse than our media tells us.Blackwater shouldnt be allowed out there,no way should private companies be out there with NO rules of engament and given security contracts to guard high profile places.This money making bs is obsene now,the fucking army alone should do all security rather than out source to silly private companies

Comment

Their "rules of engagement" are to get their subject (person of importance)from point A to point B alive and unharmed... Plain and simple as far as I can see.

A~
                            All hail the 'King'
                            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

STLKINGV-Yeah I thought he might be with them-John asked me if I wanted to go for the Black Water group but I would rather keep my ass on a base in a bunker all day-that would be too much fun and risk till I do my first 6 months to see the real insight over there.
                              RacerX-It is $200k for 6 months and at 43% tax rate it eats it up but after taxes it would be $105k-$117k bring home give or take a few-depending on extra hours worked over my 12 a day. Which I heard you do. If I stayed for a year the first $80k is tax free-But if all of it works out I will do 6 months first.
                              Norton-I will be a private contractor for the military-I have to go to Ft. Benning for a week of training I will be issued a military id card with a rank of Lt. ?? for what reason I don't know-cool cards have your blood type, geneva conv-everything now is on a chipset in your military card-I will be just a military analysts-writing database for battlefield situations.
                              jjw-well that why I will be doing a 6 month stint-we ain't leaving Iraq thats a perfect stronghold for us in the middle-east-hell we've been looking for one for 50 years-I hate to say but I think we will always have a present there-We are building a billion dollar embassy over there for us not the Iraq's.
                              As far as Black Water maybe it is a good thing which allows the military more time and men to hunt down and kill the bad guys!!!
                              Last edited by charveljunkie; 06-25-2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X