We lost a faithful companion today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We lost a faithful companion today

Kerry and I lost our Sheppard/Dobie mix Harley today.
    He went in his sleep. Kerry is pretty sure he died of acute liver failure and old age/natural causes. He went in his sleep, and didn't even suffer labored breathing.

He was 15 years old, and faithful to Kerry right up to the end. He was Kerry's dog...she had found him when he was about a year old while on a camping trip tied to a tree and malnourished, which she had assumed he had been abandoned. He became a friend to me, and considered me one of his "pack", and loved my attention. The loss to Kerry is immeasurable as she is VERY attached to all of her animals.

He goes on to a better place, where he can run free.

Take care Harley....you were a good friend.
    Last edited by FirebirdZ; 06-24-2006, 11:12 PM.

sorry to hear that
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

It's a bitch how they can get to us with never saying one word. I am sad for your loss, and you are right he is in a better place.

Comment

truly a man's best friend, providing nothing but the most unconditional of love. He is in a better place, and he will always be with you bro! Keep him in your hearts, he'll still be there for you every time you come home!

Comment

Man, I know about losing such a long time companion... Truly sorry for that loss my friend... That length of time is truly a deep and heartfelt loss....

I can only say, that Harley was obviously a pet that received a lot of love and certainly had a great life during it's time with you, and that is REALLY so much more than many pets get in this world.

You're assuredly in my thoughts my friends....

Blessed be, Harley...

Comment

they're family members, that sucks BMW Firebird, i'm sorry man.
            Harley is hanging out somewhere cool again at least you know that.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sorry to hear, Ken. I'd say he had a pretty good life living until 15.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry dude...that bulldog I adopted from my sister was named Harley..

too bad things didn't work out..he's been in 4-5 adoption families since me..he's got issues.

Not his fault tho..he was basically neglected for three years..

my wife's baby "pico" has athritis really bad in his legs and he's only 7..if it gets to the point wear he starts to really suffer..I guess there's only thing to do..

that's going to suck!

15 is a pretty long life for a dog...my oldest dog just reached 10 before he died.
                Last edited by horns666; 06-25-2006, 03:27 AM.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm sorry

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that, Ken.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Remember him fondly and celebrate the fact that you had 15 good years with him. I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

that's awful, ken. i'm really sorry to hear about this...
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ken, i'm sorry to hear that, pets are always a big loss when they pass away.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss Ken. You are Kerry are in my thoughts.

Comment

Thanks everyone...sincerely. Kerry and I both appreciate it.
                              We had a little service for him this morning with a few people that knew him.

Forever in our hearts old friend....Goodbye, for now

(Harley is on the left)
                              Last edited by FirebirdZ; 06-25-2006, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X