back from the honeymoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from the honeymoon

and back to real life. I took on a new management position here at work and the list of tasks I have to do here as well as at my house seem astronomical. We have lots of things to unpack and organize from the wedding and from the honeymoon. I have a lot of work to do in the yard and garage, which compared to the crap I have to do here at work those things will be kind of nice.

The honeymoon was great. It was too hot outside in Phoenix to do much, though I admit I did not have a chance to get out much anyways because of.... other... things...

My older sister lives in north Phoenix so we visited her. What I do not understand is why everyone down there and in California refer to the major roads/highways as "The 60" or "The 10". In Minnesota we say "take highway 60 to highway 10" or "take 169 south to 494" etc.

We ate at a lot of cool authentic places in Phoenix and went shopping a few times. We then drove to San Diego for a few nights. The weather was much more tolerable. We spent some time at guitar stores trying out different amps. I tried a Deizel Herbert, VHT Deliverance, Carvin V3, MTS, Tone Navigator/TS100 poweramp, and Legacy, PV 5150 and a Crate Blue Voodoo. I did not care for the Deizel, Crate, 5150, V3, MTS, or the VHT, though I think the VHT had a blown something because no matter how much I cranked the volume knob, it did not get very loud. I thoroughly enjoyed the tones on the Tone Navigator and the Legacy. I could play the cleans on those amps forever. Obviously they are not high gain monsters but if you play anything besides metal they may work well. If I had the cash, time, and money, I would get a tone navigator/ts100 and mess around with it for a long time.

I ended up buying a custom Carvin C-66 after playing one for a while. It should be done in about 2 months. I'll post the pics and specs later. I also bought some pickups for a strat mutt that I have. The Carvin store was pretty cool and we were only a few minutes away from it.

We came home to find that my father in law built us a deck... and there was much rejoicing.

I was nice to get away from everything for a while after the wedding and house building. All in all I would say it was a lot of fun. We spent a lot of money and time relaxing. Time is two hours behind in Arizona and I thought it was kind of funny that I was ready for bed at 08:30 PM.

Now I guess it's back to real life ....
    Last edited by Thor Von Clemson; 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
    We ate at a lot of cool authentic places in Phoenix and went shopping a few times.
    What the hell is authentic Phoenix food?:ROTF:

Glad you had a good time. I go to North Troon in Scottsdale every summer for a week to chill. I love the 115 degree weather, 90 at 10 p.m. Then again I grew up in Hot and Dusty West Texas.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
      The honeymoon was great. It was too hot outside in Phoenix to do much, though I admit I did not have a chance to get out much anyways because of.... other... things...
      If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats and I wish you both many many many happy years together!!

Comment

Working...
        X