Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And I got out of Bio because it doesn't pay!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I got out of Bio because it doesn't pay!?!?

Saw this on the NOAA job board :

Supervisory Research Fishery Biologist, ZP-482-V

SALARY RANGE: 112,526.00 - 143,000.00 USD per year OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, May 17, 2006
    to Thursday, June 29, 2006
    SERIES & GRADE: ZP-0482-05/05 POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Permanent: Career/Career Conditional Appointment
    DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Milford, CT

Right around the corner from me, and in the field i REALLY wanted to do when i grew up (my BS is in Marine Bio)
    Oh well.. a little late to start over at 37, eh?

It's only to late to stop trying...Go for it.You only live once(that you are immediately aware of),and opportunities are presented for a reason....
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
      Oh well.. a little late to start over at 37, eh?
      Not really. I got out of the USMC in 1986. I drove big rigs for maybe 12-13 years. Then worked on forklift equipment for about 3 years. I took a total change of career at 38 when I took the Law Enforcement Entry Exam and have been a state correction officer for over 4 years now. Best decision I ever made.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hehe - I was just thinking how LONG I have been out of that field... and I had thought about a Ph. D in it a while back and never did it. I have an MS in Ecology, but not sure if I am qualified.. shee-it - guess it can't hurt to post for it?!?
        I WAS going back for a BS in Music and Sound recording (that my current job pays for even though it is not job related)

Comment

Go for it!!!

Comment

Working...
          X