GuitarCenter.com You can now buy online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarCenter.com You can now buy online

Now can someone tell me the difference between this and musiciansfriend?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/

Also, for those in the southwest Ohio area, the grand opening for the Dayton store is this Thursday.

I thought GC and MF were the same company.
    The site blows... I've already come accross a dozen links that don't work or throw bad header errors.
    Kuality baby!
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 06-27-2006, 10:41 AM.
    -Rick

Comment

Different entities...GC does own MF, but does not operate them.

This means you can buy directly from GC's stock. Has nothing to do with MF whatsoever.

Comment

How come they can put their Gibson inventory and prices online and other dealers can't?
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
          How come they can put their Gibson inventory and prices online and other dealers can't?
          Because those are "special pieces" that GC buys batches of specifically for them. It's a lot, so you'll see prices on a lot of different models.

GC is a fucking monopoly...they will never get another penny of mine ever!

Comment

You know, I have never been in a guitar center. No idea what they are like, but they sure sound like Wally World to me.

chuck
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

You guys that bash GC forget who and what they really care about, the working musicians-NOT! LOL!

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Where is the Dayton Store going to be located?

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
                You know, I have never been in a guitar center. No idea what they are like, but they sure sound like Wally World to me.

chuck
                i've been to gc only once when i went to detroit..
                man i wish they had gc in Canada.. cuz here it sucks.. there's nothing bigger .. not that i know of

any1 here in Toronto area help me out lol:P

i know of cosmo music which only sells gibson fender ibanez and other imports.. wont find jackson there

there is steve's music in downtown.. heard of it but never been there

and there's long & mcuade which is nice and big but not bigger than gc
                If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DonP

Where is the Dayton Store going to be located?
                  Dayton Mall, in Miamisburg. (next to Old Navy in the back)

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007
                    Dayton Mall, in Miamisburg. (next to Old Navy in the back)
                    Thanks. Is that of off I-75, to the south of Dayton?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                      Thanks. Is that of off I-75, to the south of Dayton?
                      Yes. Here are directions from the mall's website.

From the South:
                      I-75 North to exit 44. Turn right, 1/4 mile on right.

From the North:
                      I-75 South to exit 44 (Miamisburg-Centerville Rd.) Turn left at the ramp base. Mall will be on right.

Comment

Hey this is awesome! Getting paid commission rules, especially when your own company puts their stuff online to sell! If you guys wanna find me, look in the poorhouse pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                          Hey this is awesome! Getting paid commission rules, especially when your own company puts their stuff online to sell! If you guys wanna find me, look in the poorhouse pretty soon.
                          You must've been a good "plate spinner" (as they call them) to have lasted as long as you did there Ethan!

I wasn't, and if I hadn't kept my numbers up, and that fucking retarded card file, my position was doomed from the moment I filled out my application to work there.

I FUCKING HATE GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak
                            i've been to gc only once when i went to detroit..
                            man i wish they had gc in Canada.. cuz here it sucks.. there's nothing bigger .. not that i know of

any1 here in Toronto area help me out lol:P

i know of cosmo music which only sells gibson fender ibanez and other imports.. wont find jackson there

there is steve's music in downtown.. heard of it but never been there

and there's long & mcuade which is nice and big but not bigger than gc

You're complaining you've got no big stores and you haven't been to Steve's? Man, get your ass down there and then talk. (It's big)

Comment

Bigger does not mean better.

You often run into collection, not selection at the bigger stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X