G.a.$.!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.a.$.!!!

I had a pretty good scare today related to G.A.S.

My bank statement came. A lot of my transactions we're paypal(mostly in the past month-two months), credit card etc. My records from my checking account came and it was DENTED heavily from my six string addiction thing of late! A few axes will definitely be finding new homes. Not like I have $5 to my name or anything, but Hot Daym I was out of control!

It's sort of like gambling! You use little wood chips that simulate $ and afterwords you see your wallet is MIGHTY thin!! Charging does that...especially between $700-$1XXX per guitar.

I'M DONE for a GOOD length of time

just thought i'd share that.

Jay

Heh....been there just did that. Just sold my 7VWH Jem and my beloved SL2HT and bought a JAP DK2 instead because bonus money sucks lately. If I had not spent a ton on the RR 25th LTD I just might be OK :ROTF:

Comment

the predator and PROFESSIONAL soloist(both pearlescent white) are on their way out.

i can e mail pics and info if you'd like.

they both had a grind/polish/crown and full set-up and are ready to go.

Comment

JZ06, weren't you the dude in here a few months ago bragging about your badass corvette or something? Hey man, here's a good rule of thumb for ya.....don't try to impress people by trying to be someone you're not, or pretending to be some big spender when you can't even pay your bills. Just be yourself and folks will respect you more. Age will eventually teach you this, but I'm doing you a favor and warning you ahead of time.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
          JZ06, weren't you the dude in here a few months ago bragging about your badass corvette or something? Hey man, here's a good rule of thumb for ya.....don't try to impress people by trying to be someone you're not, or pretending to be some big spender when you can't even pay your bills. Just be yourself and folks will respect you more. Age will eventually teach you this, but I'm doing you a favor and warning you ahead of time.
          Enough of your stupid lectures. Jay has had Corvettes for quite a while. Sure, you can argue that Corvettes are a "showy" car. In my case, it is my only vehicle. I enjoy them, and they're the only cars I've ever owned. I don't pretend to be anyone I'm not. I think you should get a clue about judging people...we all have preferences for what we drive, play or use.

People show off the gear on here all the time. What's the difference?
          Last edited by Sanctuary; 06-30-2006, 03:57 AM.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Jay - I'd love that Pro Soloist but...hehe...I think I've reached my "limit" too. I could keep buying gear, I just don't have space now.

Comment

I am not the bragging type! By no means. My titles of my posts would be far different if I we're that way. I Think we like to share with others, our gear and how we acquired the stuff. It's what makes it fun!

I'll admit I went a little overboard and it has bitten me and taught me a lesson. We all do it sometimes.

Thanks for chiming in Julian.

I am a humble person when it comes to money. Trust me, I know some people who will LITERALLY change your conversation and that's all they talk about. That is NOT me!

Comment

JZ06... I did not realize your mom was on the board too. Maybe we should have a "advice nobdoy wants" section here

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                  JZ06... I did not realize your mom was on the board too. Maybe we should have a "advice nobdoy wants" section here
                  I'm not trying to be anyones "mom" here, but I think my advice was pretty good, and comes from my own personal experiences. I probably shouldn't have directed it specifically to Jay, but his problem is a typical one these days. Everyone needs a little "eye opener" now and then.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I agree with Mark here. We like to share our pics and conquests when it come to cool guitar gear, but advice regarding life experience and moderation can be the best postings on this Forum.

There have been a bunch of guys looking for support from their fellow enthusiasts and they get it quite quickly too. I have personally been very impressed by the depth of character of our JCF members, ranging from the funniest fuckers I've ever met to the most caring.

Once again, LONG LIVE THE JCF !!!!

Comment

Bravo, all good points. Everyone goes through these things and it's hard to control on aquiring things you like. I just finished building 5 new guitars and restoring a few more and wonder where the money has gone? Go Corvette. I've been somewhat conservative on my Corvettes. I have a low mileage 1982 model. It's all I can afford now. I'd like a new Z06 someday. But I don't know how that's going to happen if I keep ordering custom shop guitars! LOL!
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I don't have any control problem at all. Just a trailer full of guitars.
                        Last edited by fett; 06-30-2006, 12:42 PM.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                          I don't any control problem at all.
                          Hitting the booze early this morning? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                            Hitting the booze early this morning? LOL!
                            My feeble mind works faster than my feeble typing skills. RON!!!!!!!!!!:ROTF:
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm not trying to be anyones "mom" here, but I think my advice was pretty good, and comes from my own personal experiences. I probably shouldn't have directed it specifically to Jay, but his problem is a typical one these days. Everyone needs a little "eye opener" now and then.
                              Maybe just a little jealous then. The implication is the guy shouldn't be buying more guitars because he has a Corvette. I'm sick of people who want to cut others down just because they have something that they perceive as expensive. People over stretch themselves all the time, not just on gear but on the day-to-day things. That's why the credit industry is THRIVING. Perhaps you should become a Politician? They love telling people how to live...

Comment

Working...
                              X