No announcement yet.

Anyone ever thought about emigrating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i emigrated from Canada to Israel.. pretty cool experience. Can't say which country is better because they both have positive and negative sides. Here in Canada all your options are open, you can go to university, college, work, study in the U.S and etc.. while in Israel there are colleges and universities but your just stuck there.. surronded by arabs.

In Israel though, everything just feels more alive. The hot summer sun and the smell of the sea... everyone is constantly outside, all resoutrants are out doors. Here in Canada (Toronto), evetyhing is "cold" lol .. everything is spread out and boring... boring grey streets with boring grey buildings on each intersection.. there everything is just more like Europe

Maybe it's like that in Toronto, I heard Vancouver is a good place to live.. one of the highest in life quality + weed there is legal?
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

If all goes well I'll be living in Queensland, Australia in a year or so. I love it there and can't wait to go back.

Comment

Germany sucks. The weather here sucks. We would go to states in america like Florida, Costa Rica right on but cannot see a way to earn reasonable money at this time.

Actually it´s not long ago that I really started to think about leaving here forever. Maybe it has to grow on us a little.

Comment

What about all the Hamburg ers there?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I´ve many times thought about just leaving, to try something new, everybody gets fed up you know.
            But on the other hand, I know that living in Norway is far better than most places. Yes, it´s an extremly expensive place to live in, we pay taxes on everything, but you don´t get ruined if you end up in hospital for example. Because of oil, Norway is rich, richer than most other countries, but as usual the goverment is fucked up and there are incomprehensible financial problems here too. But I´d say that the welfare is pretty good.
            We´re a small country, 4,5 million inhabitants, makes more space for every invidual. I´m glad that we´re outside the EU, and that we´re able to control the way we live ourself.

The violence is growing here too though, it´s getting worse for every year.
            A fun fact from last year was that the police set a new record within one year for firing a shot. 47 shots in one year, not meaning killing people, just fire a shoot, so I guess it´s not that bad yet.
            Very little coruption, police beating the shit out of people and shit like that you hear about all day from elsewhere.

Oh yeah, I probably stay around here for a few more years, but I´ve always thought Switzerland sound cool, maybe Austria.
            Zeegler, your welcome anyday

Comment

Hey dude,
              I lied to my boss back in '92 about the dates of a trade show I had to go to in
              Sydney Austrailia, a coworker and I were able to get 4 whole days in before the show even started, and we were also armed with the mighty company credit cards as well. Darling harbor was fun, Bondai beach, maroubra, it was all a really sick and twisted trip, we ran up a 15k bill for the week, and as fun as it was, I was dying to get back to Southern Cal after the 7 days we spent there. Been here since '89, and as long as I am alive and breathing, I will live here. Take a peek around , what an incredible place to live.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by kruneh
                A fun fact from last year was that the police set a new record within one year for firing a shot. 47 shots in one year, not meaning killing people, just fire a shoot, so I guess it´s not that bad yet.
                Around here, that could be just ONE incident!

LA police fire 120 shots at man, only 4 hit

and

http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstorie...130110443.html
                Last edited by RacerX; 07-01-2006, 05:31 AM.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
                  What about Prague?
                  Anybody here been to, in, or going to Prague?

I'de like to know as much as possible about the place...

Thanks!
                  I've been in Prague this year, really nice place but it's too cold. I've been also in Budapest, and I think it's better( the most beautiful girls are in Budapest ).

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX

I have had my heart thumping pretty hard and trying to hit something with a handgun. It aint easy. You loose all fine motor skills. Problem is for a lot of cops after the initial training of sweeping houses and so forh there are not a lot of "pressure under fire" excercises. Maybe horns666 can shed some light..

also Sydney has the hottest chicks of any variety you can imagine. Cool clean safe city. Can be expensive but australia is great.

Comment

I actually LOVE living in California. Except for the summer heat, rediculous housing costs, over population, terrible traffic, hight taxation, liberal bleedingheart political climate, gun laws, every thing else laws, high crime, imigration problems, being a wellfare state, high general cost of living,poor air quality, broke and low standard of schooling, "Ebonics", "Spanish", Berkeley,did i mention there are TOO MANY PEOPLE here, it's great!!!
                      Actually I really do love California I just wish I could go back to about 1970.

Comment

Sydney is amazing. I backpacked through Australia a few years ago and loved it. I was astounded by the number of absolutely gorgeous women there and everyone is very friendly.
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Canada is a nice place to live if you got money!

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
                            I understand you completely. Holland and Belgium are pretty much the same in that aspect!

And coïncidentally, Australia is first on my list too. Awesome weather, great laid back attitude. If I could find a decent job there, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute! Second on the list would be Spain or New Zealand.

Only downside is gear is pretty expensive there, but you have to take the good with the bad I guess.
                            They also have more dangerous and highly venomous animals and insects than anywhere else in the world. But the girl-to-guy ratio is 7-1 in favor of the male, so that could make it all worthwhile. Still, I think I'll stay here where the snakes' venom gtives you enough time to get to the hospital!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug
                              Ahhh you ruined it.... That was the perfect snare the "Spelling Beest".
                              Nah, Ron's too well-educated to fall for that - especially since his mother emigrated from Europe!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X