Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme

Caught the reunited Extreme in Boston last night. Show really kicked ass. They played for 2 1/2 hours and out side of a few things sounded great .. The encore brought out Brad Delp, Barry Goudreau and Sib from the original "Boston" line up. Brad remarked how Aug will mark the 30th ann of the Boston Album and they ripped into Rock and Roll band..

Nuno was typical Nuno ..Everytime you forget just how good this guy was (is!) He reminds you...

Gary started off the night with Decandance dance a bit weak but as they got rolling his voice got much stronger..

All in all a great night
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Always liked their stuff. Get the funk out!

Comment

Was it all 4 original guys? I heard a while back that Pat wasn't involved....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yes all 4 (Pat was there) and then Mike Manginni came out for 2 songs also..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

who's mike manginni?
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Great! I always liked them and 110% agree with your Nuno comment. That guy is great!

Are they touring? Or was this just a special hometown gig?
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

great!did they do Play with me?I love that solo but the only time i saw Extreme(monsters of rock Donnington years ago!)the power was lost just before he should have torn it up in that solo..would love to see him do it live

Comment

That's cool that it's the actual original guys: I saw Extreme supporting Bryan Adams (don't laugh) back in 1992. We were right on the barriers and Nuno did the 'Play with me' solo 4 feet away from me - amazing!!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wow! Sounds like a great show! I've alweays been a huge Nuno fan. Extreme is still on my list as one of the better live shows I've ever seen.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

WTF?!?
                    extreme re-united? AND NOONE FELT LIKE TELLING ME BEFORE?!?
                    this can't be true!! how awesome is this?
                    I'm a huge extreme fan, nuno is one of the best on my list, somehow his style sounds so unique to me...

someone knows if they got an up to date website or are gonna go on tour again?

I'd be very greatful for all kind of info on this!!

thx for this thread mayday!!
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                      great!did they do Play with me?I love that solo but the only time i saw Extreme(monsters of rock Donnington years ago!)the power was lost just before he should have torn it up in that solo..would love to see him do it live
                      Yep ..they played it .. They did 2 1/2 hours and still could have kept going...

Comment

Damn I had no idea, I would have gone to see them. Where'd they play?

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                          who's mike manginni?
                          Mike Mangini replaced Paul Geary (drummer) on "Waiting for the Punchline".
                          Last edited by Tekky; 07-01-2006, 10:59 AM.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                            Damn I had no idea, I would have gone to see them. Where'd they play?
                            The pavillion ...

Comment

Extreme re-united? That's cool!

Why is Brad Delp and the Boston lineup showing up at an Extreme concert? What is the connection? Because the show was in Boston? Nah! I know you'll laugh at my ignorance, but i need to know! Boston is one of my all time favourite bands.
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X