X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost my favorite pick today :(

hey dudes..

i know picks get lost a lot but i usually keep good track of them lol
    anyway i had a black dunulp 1mm pick i found.. left it at my friends house.. no big deal i got another one at home.. i usually leave it on my amp but today my dad decided to vacum .. as soon as he approached the amp i said dont touch it, its fine (even though the top of it had piles of dust ) .. next thing i hear is kllllliiiiiiiiiiing! and pick is gone
    i got one of these central vacums where all the garbage goes to a pipe and down to the garage.. i went to the garage and opened the thing, it was full of dust from the past couple of months.. maybe one day i'll find it

i loved these picks.. found them totally by accident. one at school and one backstage ..
    anyway im gonna have to use my shitty picks from my local guitar store.. untill long weekend is over and i can go out and buy these dunulp picks

dont u just hate it when u lose ur fav pick
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Well yeah ... maybe ... I do buy them in large numbers so I never miss one in particularly.

Comment

i know the feeling mate,my pick supply is dwindling fast and now i want a gun like my amercian brothers so i can shoot the bastard who helps themself

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak
        these dunulp picks
        Never heard of that brand!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I love Fender extra heavy picks in the multicolor they make em in. I went to the store to grab a few cause I had misplaced all but 3 of mine. They didn't have ANY. The owner said they couldn't get them any more. I said please see if they have any left over and if they were discontinuing them get as many as he could (did I say how much I REALLY like them?). A couple days later, he tells me it's no dice on the picks, I checked the fender website and they weren't listed at all anymore. I was bummed but decided to try elsewhere. I checked on ebay and found a guy that had 2 bags of 25 for sale, so I just grabbed them. The day they showed up, my dealer calls me and says he has a surprise for me next time I'm in. You guessed it, he got "some" Extra Heavies for me. A gross to be exact. So now I have 200 of my favorite picks. I am guessing I will be ok for awhile.

chuck
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
            I love Fender extra heavy picks in the multicolor they make em in. I went to the store to grab a few cause I had misplaced all but 3 of mine. They didn't have ANY. The owner said they couldn't get them any more. I said please see if they have any left over and if they were discontinuing them get as many as he could (did I say how much I REALLY like them?). A couple days later, he tells me it's no dice on the picks, I checked the fender website and they weren't listed at all anymore. I was bummed but decided to try elsewhere. I checked on ebay and found a guy that had 2 bags of 25 for sale, so I just grabbed them. The day they showed up, my dealer calls me and says he has a surprise for me next time I'm in. You guessed it, he got "some" Extra Heavies for me. A gross to be exact. So now I have 200 of my favorite picks. I am guessing I will be ok for awhile.

chuck
            wow.. lol

throw some my way
            If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

I used to have a favorite pick until I went out and bought a gross. Too many laying around now to get attached to just one.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I found mine.:ROTF: I was just putting more beer in the frig. I ran out of shelfspace so I put one in the veggie drawer. Looked down and right there on the floor was a white Ernie Ball pick.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I use any pick really. As long as its 1.5 to 2.0 mm its all good.I don't like thin picks.Rummaging thru the garbage for a pick is a liitle over the top.imho ofcourse.

Comment

Tortex green, blue or purple and I'm relatively happy... I buy the bags of them... when I get below 20-30 picks, I buy more...

I usually go through 2 or 3 picks a set.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
                      I usually go through 2 or 3 picks a set.
                      me too. I've always used Fender mediums, and those wear down when you're really going at it song after song. I throw away 1 or 2 every practice.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X