my first day of soberiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first day of soberiety

its been over 15years of partying everyday without fail, maybe even longer. ive done lots of dumb shit & lost alot of things, now i guess it was just time for a change. luckily, i guess i didnt hit bottom, didnt wind up dead, didnt wind up in jail(for drugs anyway). tho i came real close to all 3 on many occasions. oh well im not sure why i posted this, but i can say i did it.

day#1 done........

& Ron i dont want to hear shit if i spelt soberiety wrong.....LMAO ....all good.

Good for you man, congrats!

Comment

That's good news, and since I'm not Ron, I can say it's "sobriety".
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

definitely congrats.

i hear how hard it is to tackle alchohol, and i definitely give you my props for keeping yourself safe!

Comment

Jaime...
          Good news bro! It gets better from here! Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on!

Comment

good move man!

Comment

Thanks for sharing... Keep coming back
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Best of luck to you, man! That first day is the hardest and you've done it. don't be afraid to go to AA and or NA if you need to, most of us need help and can't do it alone. A sober life can be really great, hang in there and find that out for yourself!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on making an important move to improve your life. If what you were doing wasn't working for you, then it's time for a change.

Best of luck.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Theres a few NA members here, including myself...we're behind ya!
                    If you're a true addict, you need to look into a in depth recovery.
                    Quitting is half the battle. Recovery is the hard part.

I tried many times to just "quit". I learned that doesn't work for an addict. Its like putting a bandage over leprosy. It's going to fall apart..eventually.

Take it one moment at a time, and one day at a time.
                    Never say "never"- you're setting yourself up for failure, if you relapse after saying never it will only contribute to knocking yourself down harder.
                    Relapse is a reality- get the relapse/recovery grid booklet for more info.

Comment

Good move, J! Don't change the content of your posts though, i've enjoyed them so far.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Best of luck!

Comment

Congrats to you, bro. Day one is the first of many. Enjoy every moment!

Comment

Good luck man! I think I'm gonna seriously cut back on the boozing myself. I'll maybe have the occasional beer, but that's it.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

this will be my 6th year sober. (it doesn't seem that long ago). my reasons were age, health, and change. since then i've purchased a nice home, cars, and been able to buy pretty much by all the gear i want to try. my playing has been better (i still suck just not as bad as when i was drunk. )

good luck, it's scary... but worth it.
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X