• Show
Clear All

• Rockstar: Supernova

okay... Dilana just creeps me out

Lukkas talks the talk but...
    Matt is the first to go... song choice "planet earth" Duran Duran
    gets him the idiot of the year.

not a bad show.
    Last edited by semagic; 07-06-2006, 09:00 PM.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

and as always, the house band kicks MAJOR ass. I've never heard Rebel Yell sound so good.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Duran Duran is not that bad. They were big in the early eighties! Tommy wouldn't like them because they were his competition , back in the days.

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic

Lukkas talks the talk but...
        Those are the only two who I think would make the band out of the 15 chosen. And they auditioned 25,000 originally... this is the best they could come up with?!? Pretty lame overall. The girls definitely are sounding better overall than the guys, too.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Fretfrenzy
          Duran Duran is not that bad. They were big in the early eighties! Tommy wouldn't like them because they were his competition , back in the days.
          Competition?!? They're not even in the same genre of music. And out of all the DD songs I've heard back then (whatever was on Mtv or the radio), I can't ever remember hearing the one they played tonight. It wasn't a bad song, but not very memorable, and I think Matt should have stayed and Chris should have gone home.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That scary African chick and the dude that did Rebel Yell are the only two that could front that band. The guys are lame, interchangeable "emo" looking dorks.

I think they want a chick, so they can bang her on the bus.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Mike,they have already banged them,just watch how Storm looks at Tommy Lee.......................
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I thought the guy that did the Black Crowes song did an excellent job. But I can't see him fronting Supernova. Same for a lot of them. I think they have a fine bunch of singers there, but not many that seem to suit the band.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[quote=toejam]Competition?!? They're not even in the same genre of music. And out of all the DD songs I've heard back then (whatever was on Mtv or the radio), I can't ever remember hearing the one they played tonight. It wasn't a bad song, but not very memorable, and I think Matt should have stayed and Chris should have gone home.[/quote/]

I'm talking about record sales and airwave playtime and overall popularity and they did exceed in these areas. I understand they come from two different music genres but when it comes to record sales, radio airtime, concert sales etc, they are still in competiton with each other.

Comment

i like the crazy girl that did the nirvana tune. the dude that did the billy idol tune sucked and he's an asshole on top of it.

they should have booted all three of the guys tonight. the one dude moves like screech.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic
                      Not to mention her voice sucks and she jumps around like a Corky. All the judges seemed to dig her though, I don't get it.

The chick that did the Melisa Ethridge song can wail, best singer in the bunch IMHO.

Cool show overall, nice that the rock is actually in Rockstar ChevyNova.
                      "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Wow, I gotta say that this show is gonna blow. I'll probably not even watch any more episodes. I can't believe they couldn't find ONE decent frontman out of all the people who tried out. PURE CRAP!!!
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

But Toe,Chris said he was one of the greatest singers in the world.And who is Gilby Clarke to say that anything sucks.I guess he would know.............
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

All I can say is that Jason Newstead used to be in the hugest band on the planet, now he is doing this.

He who laughs last.......

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The entire premise is hilarious to me... Watch Dave N. when the camera goes on him. He acts like he's seated on the throne, ready to pass judgment on the masses. It's nothing more than a group of 80's & 90's "has beens" trying to reclaim what is long lost by jumping on the reality show bandwagon. Give it up...
                              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                              X