Rockstar: Supernova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX
    I don't get why the performers pick such lame songs. Wouldn't it make sense to research Tommy & Gilby's influences, and sing something like that?
    on elimination night they get to choose whatever they want. I agree RacerX it's like they've never heard of Tommy, Gilby, or Jason
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Agreed

Look i am no musician by any means.....but if i WANTED to be in this band I'd do some homework and find out something about these guys.

From the looks (and the reports in this thread) it doe not appear that these singers are trying to win to be ine THIS band!

Its not AI here, where there is just a solo deal....this is to be IN Supernova.

My $.02
      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Yeah, that one guy (who got eliminated last night) made a comment that the songs they could pick from were really weak and he wanted to do something harder.

Zeyra or whatever, she's on another planet and belongs in a very different band. Don't care for her voice. Dig her body though.

Originally posted by Venomboy
        The performers have to choose from predeterminded songs for Tuesday night. Not sure where they get wednesday night's choices from. What would be really cool is to hear some Nirvana.
        lol, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.... But... You haven't heard enough already??? Almost every week there is at least 1 Nirvana track being played.

Comment

I think Venom was being sarcastic. I can't understand how Zayera (sp?) and Jill (? I can't remember the name of the other girl - the one that was humping Gilby on stage) expect to be chosen for this band when all they do is argue with Gilby and the others. Supernova says, "You suck, you need to change up your performance." They say, "No, I'm good. My performance is fine." WTF? Who in their right mind would pick them?

What I liked about last night was when Gilby stated he had played with Heart and Ann Wilson never humped him. I thought to myself, "Yeah Gilby, but that's because she can sing. None of these idiots on the show can sing...at least not Ann Wilson level."

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco
            expect to be chosen for this band when all they do is argue with Gilby and the others. Supernova says, "You suck, you need to change up your performance." They say, "No, I'm good. My performance is fine." WTF? Who in their right mind would pick them?
            Well a possible explanation is that they are using this exposure to get offers from other bands; they don't give a rip about Supernova...I'm getting that vibe from a couple people...don't know their names because I'm only half-watching the show...from behind my PC.

So, that, or their huge egos.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When's someone gonna have the balls to do a song sung by Ronnie Dio or David Coverdale? They want a hard rock singer but most of the songs being performed lack the balls to let the band know how the person will perform in a heavier setting.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Agree 100% with you Ron. They seem to want to be in a rock band, but not Supernova. I don't watch it very much either, it's on in the background. I'm just not excited about this year's crop. IMHO, Supernova could cut about 8 people and let the last 3 or 4 rock out...and then totally pick someone that hasn't even been on the show

They should bring Deanna (I think that's her name - she was the one that had the nice rack last season ) and Jordis (? I think that was her name)back for the last couple of episodes. Deanna for they eye candy and Jordis for her singing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
                  When's someone gonna have the balls to do a song sung by Ronnie Dio or David Coverdale? They want a hard rock singer but most of the songs being performed lack the balls to let the band know how the person will perform in a heavier setting.
                  The contestants don't choose the Tuesday songs. And I have no idea why the hell anyone at all thinks it's important that a singer trying out for a band with those guys needs to sing a Cindy Lauper or Blondie song. There's nothing wrong with Cindy Lauper or Blondie songs but in this situation what the fuck is the point of that?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Dilana RULES!! Really like her sound (smoked two packs or not) it original and sounds good. Looks ?? who cares :lol
                    Those guys deserve Zayra - did you hear there new music tracks??? what the heck were those. Heck I can do that.

Comment

Those Supernova songs sounded like ass. Oh yeah, it's top down rockin down home rockin crusin down the highway rockin CRAP.

Comment

Zayra is there for entertainment purposes. She has no chance whatsoever...they just want to see what she is wearing, so they keep her on. Talk about a nuclear bitch.

They should just cut everyone but Lucas and Dilana. Those two are the only ones that could possibly front this band. Have them really duke it out, sing over that garbage that Supernova has already cut and get this crap over with.

In the end it won't matter, because this band is going to suck and go nowhere.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                          Well a possible explanation is that they are using this exposure to get offers from other bands; they don't give a rip about Supernova...I'm getting that vibe from a couple people...don't know their names because I'm only half-watching the show...from behind my PC.

So, that, or their huge egos.
                          I don't think even the guys IN Supernova care about BEING in Supernova; this is just a paycheck for them and they know it's not likely going anywhere. Tommy has the Crue and Jason has Voivod, and Gliby has his rich wife! So this whole thing is just an attention whore move by all involved.

Not that there's anything wrong with national TV exposure for all concerned...
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Bingo lerx! THAT is what it comes down to. In 10 years, I don't think anyone will be saying, "Hey remember when Supernova were together? They were awesome." Heck, I can't see people saying that in 5 years.

The first show, all the guys had nothing but praise for the singers. By the second show they (or the producers) realized that was going to make for boring television. Fu*#ing reality TV.

Comment

okay...

3 people in this show are the frontrunners...

Dilana... "can't get enough" great song and she didn't over sing it.
                              Magny... "clocks" don't know much about coldplay... it was alright
                              Toby.... "pennyroyal tea" didn't change it any... just sang it (imagine that)

Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I tuned in for the first time last night. I watched almost all of last year's shows and have just got around to making time to watch. There are hardly any good singers in the whole bunch. The only one that I liked was Ryan Star, I think that was his name. He sang REM's Losing My Religion on the piano. I thought that dude from Iceland sucked and was very boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X