No announcement yet.

Rockstar: Supernova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, Tim. I think they know that neither one will be their singer...but that keeping Zayra around for awhile will make for a lot better television. She is downright embarassing to watch. I was cringing the whole time. And laughing, of course.

Comment

I haven't seen the show (maybe I should start watching) but I did just watch her encore on YouTube, where she sings Lithium like a bipolar jesus on meth. I was entertained but not impressed.

I'm pretty sure Cobain never ran up an ego ramp with his arms out to yell "Booya!" at the crowd after a show, either, but I could be wrong.

Comment

why do they insist on playing so many frikkin' Nirvana songs on this show anyway? In the whole history of rock, with the incredible selection of music to choose from over the last 4 decades, they must play 6 or so Cobain songs during the course of the series? I'm sure we heard about that many last year. I get that Rolling Stone magazine have deigned to proclaim Saint Kurt a musical genius or something, but puh-lease. We don't need yet another one each week, and I'd be happy to never hear another of his songs again.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I think its because Dave N. is a huge Nirvana fan. I believe that they pick all the songs and the singers in the house have to fight over who sings which songs. They only get to pick their own songs if they end up in the bottom 3. They probably figure that getting to sing the Nirvana song is a guarantee that they wont be voted off that night.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
            they should have gotten rid of that lame-o zayra last night - i'm not saying getting rid of chris was a mistake but zayra was 10x worse.

jill was pretty darn good.

+1

Dilana still doesn't impress me... I don't think she can sing, too monotone. "lithium" and "ring of fire" sounded the same. I think she concentrates on the camera too much, when she should try more versatility in her voice.
            my .02 (it's worth about that).
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Zawhairi should have been sent home in a casket. I was laughing while she performed. Just horrible.

Comment

I keep thinking how this show could've had so much fucking potential of being excellent but instead it is just a lame American Idol styled clone where they mainly do rock songs with poor singers.

Imagine if you were watching the first episode and one of the singers gets on stage and starts belting out the beginning of All Guns Blazing by Judas Priest or Licensed To Kill by Jag Panzer or something like that? I'd be banging my head nonstop (of course, if they did a good job). But no, instead we get shitty Coldplay songs and other crappy radio rock songs... The only stuff I actually look forward to is the more 60's / 70's songs and more often than not they're just terrible.

Comment

Anyone else notice tht Chris spoke and sang with a slight lisp? I thought that was irritating, but yes, that Zarya(sp) should have been given the boot!

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic
                    +1

Dilana still doesn't impress me... I don't think she can sing, too monotone. "lithium" and "ring of fire" sounded the same. I think she concentrates on the camera too much, when she should try more versatility in her voice.
                    my .02 (it's worth about that).
                    I think she should pull that fucking shit out of her face and take a bath, but she is interesting.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

She sounds like she's smoked two packs a day for the last 20 years.. Looks like it too.

Comment

why an acoustic version of "come as you are"? i don't like the original that much either, but...
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Yeah, most of these people have no idea what they're looking for in a frontman. "Hey, let's do stripped down/ethnic versions of hit songs". Um, no, you rock them the fuck out. Are these people braindead?
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The only good thing about that show is Jason is wearing Voivod shirts.

Hopefully that doesn't soil the good name of Voivod though.
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

saw it last night on sky one-fucking terrible!the singers i heard where 2nd rate and what the fuck is the house band doing playing the songs?dont seem right seeing the pro band sitting it out and judging when they should be up on stage cranking it out!

Comment

Fuck, these guys blow. Tommy Lee is a douchebag. Gilbey Clarke is a douchebag. Dave Navarro is queen douchebag.

There is almost 100% chance that Supernova is going to suck donkey balls no matter who sings.

That dude Lukas reminds me of Booger from Revenge of the Nerds.

I can't believe those guys liked Zayra - she was every bit as torturous this week as last.

Jill sounded great.

Dilana was once again cool as hell.

Josh can sing much better than Supernova deserves.

It will be interesting to see who gets booted tonight. I could speed things along for them and get the list trimmed down to 5 contestants.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X