No announcement yet.

Rockstar: Supernova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no shit - the way tommy and dave talk about stuff it's like they want some formula of a front man. they should just write down what the person is supposed to do.

step 1: wear girls clothes and makeup whether you are a girl or not
    step 2: make strutting movements
    step 3: throw horns
    step 4: remove shirt
    step 5: throw fist in angst
    step 6: look pissed
    step 7: destroy some piece of musical equpment
    step 8: wave arms back and forth
    step 9: look overcome with joy
    step 10: say "dope" stuff whenever possible
    then proceed to the next song and repeat.

oh and last but not least, and perhaps the most challenging part of being the front man for Supernova: pretend to think Gilbey is a good guitarist even with Raphael on stage
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• I missed it last night and will miss it tonight. I am gobbling up season 1 of LOST and I am not stopping until I am done.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• I cant believe he trashed the Les Paul. Right after he did it they panned to the panel and Gilby had this look on his face like Holy crap, thats not a prop dude. LOL! I think it would have been cool if he trashed a white PRS. I would have liked to see Daves face on that one. And once again with the Nirvana. I just dont get that. I think Dilana's the shit but I dont know if they will pick a girl. I dont think they could respect her enough for it to work out. Ya, know, only good for one thing, especially Tommy.

Comment

• I've never seen that show but I think it's a joke. This band will NEVER happen, EVER!!! It's just an TV entertaiment show so all the dudes can make a lot of money, getting a lot of $$$ is cool. But this shit ain't never gonna happen.
          Tommy has Motley, tons of tours coming, a new album etc. etc. Yeah sure he is gonna do that Supernova crap. "ohh fuck motley, I've got this motherfucking Superwhora thing going on"
          I'm sure they all know it is all a big fucking joke.

And what's the bullshit with Gilby, he is a decent rhythm player, why to form a rock group with rhythm guitarist?
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• I don't know anything about the show..

But Gilby came a long way since 1985..

well that's 21 years playing..some people get better with time..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim
              no shit - the way tommy and dave talk about stuff it's like they want some formula of a front man. they should just write down what the person is supposed to do.

step 1: wear girls clothes and makeup whether you are a girl or not
              step 2: make strutting movements
              step 3: throw horns
              step 4: remove shirt
              step 5: throw fist in angst
              step 6: look pissed
              step 7: destroy some piece of musical equpment
              step 8: wave arms back and forth
              step 9: look overcome with joy
              step 10: say "dope" stuff whenever possible
              then proceed to the next song and repeat.

oh and last but not least, and perhaps the most challenging part of being the front man for Supernova: pretend to think Gilbey is a good guitarist even with Raphael on stage
              Damn, Tim. You just described that goofball Neil from the first series. If he was trying for Supernova instead of INXS, he might have a gig right now!

Of course, it didn't help him any that he couldn't sing a lick
              Hail yesterday

Comment

• come on people, i would hope people take this show for what it is... a "tv show". i look at as a fun rock n roll show with a great house band nothing more nothing less. if we all agree that this won't last very long, then just have fun with it and leave it at that.
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik
                  This band will NEVER happen, EVER!!!
                  FWIW, they just announced a Supernova tour for January/February across the US. I enjoy this show a lot, mainly because I (agreed with the last post) view it as a tv show for fun.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

• this will be their Farewell tour
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Who got the boot last night? I was chowing down mexican with the wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTB007
                        Who got the boot last night? I was chowing down mexican with the wife.
                        Patrice.

Comment

this will be their Farewell tour
                          Thanks for the negativity.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

this will be their Farewell tour
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinistas
                              Thanks for the negativity.
                              sorry dude, I'm pessimistic about those projects because they will never work.
                              I don't have anything against what they are doing, I'm sure I would enjoy that show myself and I've been following the players there for a long time. But I don't see any potential of this project.
                              Sure they will do one album and one short tour (a TV show is the best promotion to sell your CD's and tickets) but that's it.

Comment

• Looks like there's another band who has the Supernova band name trademarked, they've got a few albums out already. Also a single on the movie "Clerks" soundtrack, and are suing the show/band members/CBS.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...supernova_sues
                                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                                X