methinks i just got myself sacked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• methinks i just got myself sacked...

i had a bitch on the line who was so naive about something so simple and obvious that she accused me of talking crap. furious that she had insulted me and consequently questioned my knowledge of warranty and insurance legislation, i then called the manufacturer and confirmed what i had told her, then gave my opinion. my boss was monitoring the call and bollocked me and said if the manufacturer who records these calls plays back the recording, i could be sacked immediately for defimation of character. shit! wtf do i do?!

this wasn't the only call that pissed me off. i had a string of stupid calls that built up to the above call, staff who don't know arse from elbow, customers trying to pull a fast one and/or are just plain thick, the list goes on.

i'm gonna have a beer or three tonight, but i suspect they'll leave it for some time until their own asses are on the line. who knows. i just hope i can remember to keep this temper under control.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

mesa jarjar binks.

If I got it right,you will get a penalty of something like that?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Been there. Done that.And I worked mutual funds, stocks and bonds for Schwab. At least, you have a warning. Out of the blue, I got suspended for "giving advice". They told me I had to leave the building, just like that. I got home, got drunk and called HR and quit. You are telling them that you are fed up and they will make your life miserable. Quit before they fire you. It looks better on your resume.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

just tried to apologise and got patronised and threatened with disciplinary if i lose my temper again.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-09-2006, 01:30 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Quit and beat them to the punch. They have your number. I was a good employee and brought tons of money into Schwab. Great customer satisfaction scores, and all that. If they want you out, they will figure a way. Now, you will be walking on hot coals while trying to do your job. Save your feet and walk.
          Last edited by fett; 07-09-2006, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a verbal.. if it happens again..they would act upon it. Fett gives good advice..but it is rather black n white. You can either change how you approach the job or find another. Or just chalk it up to a rough spot and avoid having the same thing happen again.
            Walk on eggshells, be cautious, and avoid the water cooler talk. Next time someone ticks ya off, put them on a five or ten count. Maybe you can ask on how to politely defend yourself against such people.

Companies are protective of having to pay alot of money for legal issues based off of 'opinion giving'.

You're in a service position, you are paid to be professional and polite while protecting the companies interest under all extremes. Sometimes people who are on the other end of phone line or opposite you over the counter feel they can say or give insult to you, your expertise, your 'tone', appearance, opinion..etc. It goes with the job.. people have a tendency to not see eye to eye or give you sh!t..it goes with the territory.

Its why I work with machines.. the only crap they give me is the stuff I have to troubleshoot.
            Last edited by charvelguy; 07-09-2006, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
              Its why I work with machines.. the only crap they give me is the stuff I have to troubleshoot.
              Become a auto mechanic and then you have a license to steal. And the poor customers can't do or say squat because you have their car and the only thing they know how to do is put the key in the ingition and pump gas.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Its why there is a BBB but any contract work can subject you to being ripped off.
                I don't work on cars for living for a reason. I likely would not enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                  Its why there is a BBB but any contract work can subject you to being ripped off.
                  I don't work on cars for living for a reason. I likely would not enjoy it
                  That's assuming they know they have been ripped off. Back to the point. It doesn't matter how good you think you do your job, all that matters is if the employer thinks you are doing a good job. If the employer and/ or boss questions your performance, it's time to look elsewhere. Trust me, I'm 55 and it sucks, but that's the way the world works.

Comment

bosses question performance all the time. Sounds to me like he is being made aware of the serverity of consequence in his telling her off and to be accountable for his actions. Whether he looks for another job or decides to change-which is a simple choice of attitude and biting the bullet and knowing when the bullet needs to be bit... is up him.

Comment

Of course, it's up to him. Any advice given by people on this board should be taken with a pound of salt.

Comment

i would rather remain calm, but now i've lost my temper (which isn't the first time), i'm practically walking on egg shells and don't want to be dropped in it whenever it suits them, i.e: the manufacturer chooses on "x" date to playback a recording for training purposes and finds my vented opinion. still, i think legally, i MIGHT be entitled to 3 written warnings before a sacking is allowed. i don't know... the so-called boss discussed it with another staff member. hmm, breach of confidence????
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Confidence and confidentiality are two different matters. In-Company discussion does not usually facilitate a breach.

Comment

discussing me in a language i don't understand (i.e: country of his origin) with a member of staff who holds no rank over me, thinking i can't pick out words like "disciplinary". if not a breach, then at least two-faced.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I give up. And, maybe that's good.

Comment

Working...
                              X