Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right area to ask this question, so please bear with me. I just started posting to this forum yesterday, I love the site. I wanted to post a picture of my 2 J/C guitars but I noticed that it says on the bottom that I am not allowed to post attachments, so I put in a link to show them. But today I noticed another new member who only has 3 posts put in quite a few attachments to his post to show his guitars. Am I doing something wrong? Does something have to be "turned on" to give me this feature. I am not complainang, I was just curious?

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.
    Take care.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

This thread should help you out, and welcome to the forum, I'm originally from L.I. as well. Lindenhurst in suffolk county to be exact!

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm sorry to say, this thread does not help me nor does it answer my question. My question is that I see a lot of threads posted by others that have actual photos of their guitars IN their posting. I want to do that do. BUT, on the bottom left there is a box entitled "Posting Rules" in it it says I "may post new threads", "may post replies, etc..." BUT it also says that "You MAY NOT post attachments." Why is that????? Can't there be something I can change or the Moderator of the Forum change so I can post pictures??? The thread on HOW to post pictures does not mention anything about the "Posting Rules."

Please help!

Thanks!
      Guitars:
      1988 Model 2,
      RR3
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Click the "Insert Image" icon when you're editting your post (it has the little mountains on it), and give it the URL to your pic. That isn't an attachment, but it will display the pic directly within your post rather than requiring people click on something to see it.

Comment

Use this code

[img][/img]

Place address of pic in between
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

And the most critical thing that is explained in the link Budman gave you is that you need to set up an image-hosting account with a site like webshots or photobucket and link to your images. The JCF doesn't host your images for you, which is why you get the message that you can't attach them.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I will try that. And, Yes, I already have a image hosting site on the web. Thanks again, all for the help.
              Guitars:
              1988 Model 2,
              RR3
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X