No announcement yet.

Latest Project: J-Bomb inlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug you do awesome work, very impressive, an inlaid bomb would make a killer 12th fret marker with maybe little round lit fuse comic type bombs for the other dots
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

That is really impressive
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        Getting my milling machine in has really opened the door to a lot of new things. Stuff I have had on the back burner for years. It has it's downside though... There have been nights where I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about the ideas I have, and how to approach them. A couple nights ago I got up at 2:00am to put things on paper just so I could get some sleep.

I ordered a bunch of MOTO this morning. I have about every color you can think of coming in. I have a tribal flame design that I can't wait to do in multiple colors on a maple fretboard. A yellow/orange/red, or a blue/purple/red kind of thing....I dunno, we'll see.

I have a really cool personal custom piece I'll be starting on soon. I'm working with a very talented luthier on it. I'll be doing all the inlay, and the airbrushed graphics on it. It's the kind of project that can "evolve" and change as you go. It may take a while, so I doubt if I'll post any teaser pics till its done.
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Really cool!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

HuntinDoug, that is so amazing! I'm trying to figure out how you're doing it on your new milling machine, but i can't! I haven't got the slightest idea .... but they look very very nice. I keep going back and drool over the J-Bomb work. Man, you and your machine are good!
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Totally speachless...Frikkin AMAZING!!
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Smokin Doug,,,thats just OUT FUKKIN STANDING !!!!!

BTW,,,i still love my Blood Mirror Warrior...(and so do the People i blind at the show :ROTF: )

Keep up the awesomeness

MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

That's gotta be some of the nicest-looking MOTO I've ever seen.

Comment

Insane, great work. I know what you mean about not being able to sleep when you have something on your mind. I just never did anything that cool.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Respect!
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

WOW! Ah, wow, I'm speechless...

Comment

Amazing stuff Doug... just amazing... extremely intricate in detail... really dig the Jackson logo's and the J's... but you know what, that bomb is just killer... Can't wait to see the other ideas... cool stuff Dude...

Top Fish

Comment

Dude, your MOTO is way nicer than Jacksons is, very nice work!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
                              Jeez bro, they ought to just hire you full time.

Awesome stuff!
                              +1
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The bomb is excellent. I hope to see it in use in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X