Stupid In America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff here, I like it.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Yea, this really hits home. We are so far away from the international BS. (Guys over there don't take offense). The guys and gals that have kids that just want to learn are going through a system that is letting them down. Yea, kids have problems at home. And other kids have a great homelife. School should be the great equalizer. A neutral place where kids can shine or get the help they need to reach as far as they can go. But now, I wish you guys a lot of luck. And, I am sad.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Oh man, I got pissed off in the first 2 minutes of this! I went to Abraham Lincoln High School and it was nothing like that jackoff made it to be. Kids smoking weed in the hallways, is he kidding? Not ONCE did that ever happen while I or my brother was there (total of 8 years between us) The security guards we have/had there would NEVER put up with that, and they were constantly on people's asses to get out of the hallway and into class. Just outta that school, the athletic teams are some of the best in the NY schools and the photography program (which I was in) is one of the best in NY (we've won major awards EVERY year for the past 7 or so years with Howard Wallach teaching). All my friends got good grades because that's what was needed to stay on any team at school. It pisses me off that this is on TV giving my school a bad name when in all honesty, a lot of the kids weren't unhappy like he said, but felt good about how much the school offered and how great the teachers were. I don't remember my teachers as being pain in my asses, I remember them staying after school for a shitty salary and just my apreciation to make sure I understood the work and help me when I needed the extra help.

I wrote a long thing, but it basically boils down to the kids. If the fukkers don't wanna learn, don't wanna respect their teachers and the oppertunity given to them to learn and wanna screw around, well then there's little that the school system and a teacher can do to change that. There are some exceptional teachers (and god bless em) that get involved and change kids for the better, but if they don't want to change, they won't and it'll be a bad experience for everyone involved. It begins with the parents and a good attitude, and if THAT dosen't change, we can't expect the kids to have a better attitude about school and try to excel. One of the reasons kids from other countries are scoring higher than kids in the US is because the parents push their kids to be something better and do better for themselves. Not everyone has a stable roof over their heads, cable TV, high speed internet, video games or whatever else like we do here in the states, so parents want the best for their kids, and that starts with a good education. I think people here take that for granted and unfortunatly, this is the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
          don't wanna respect their teachers and the oppertunity given to them to learn and wanna screw around,
          "Quit scrrewin' around! I told you kids to quit screwin' arooouunndd!"

- Mr. Adler

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is only a few reasons kids do better in school. 1.Their parents didn't even have a chance. 2. The schools started. 3. The parents saw a chance to elevate their kids out of poverty. 4. The parents instilled (forced) their sons and later daughters to excell. 5. The kids had home pressure to do well in school. This was the US a 100 years ago and now the rest of the world is not only catching us but they are beating us by a mile. They have what we had a century ago. Roman Empire???????
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Agreed Bill! I see it everyday. Behind ever stupid ass kid there is usually an equally stupid parent or sometimes two.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat
                Agreed Bill! I see it everyday. Behind ever stupid ass kid there is usually an equally stupid parent or sometimes two.
                Right, or none at all because one or both are meth or crack heads and now their 81 year old grandma or the state has full legal guardianship..

how would you like to be 80 and raise another child..yeesh..

that's a common issue but's it's everyone else's fault...it's "The man"..

Man, if it wern't for "the man" ..they wouldn't have shit..no money, no shirt ..no service!

you know who "the man" is..people who work there assees off and pay for all their shit...including welfare, school voucher's, HEAP programs, free healthcare..and so on..

somebody's paying for all that shit...guess who?
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

got this in an email this morning, seems appropriate;
                  Evolution of teaching; Edit (for some reason I can only see the text below if I highlight it on this page)?????

Teaching
                  Math In 1950

A logger

sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the
                  price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for

$100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his
                  profit?

Teaching Math

in 1970

A logger sells a truckload of lumber

for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a
                  profit?

Teaching Math

In 1980

for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your
                  assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest

because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of
                  animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a
                  profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic
                  for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and
                  squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong
                  answers.)

Teaching

Math In 2006

Un ranchero vende una carretera

de madera por $100. El cargo de produccion es $80. Cuantas tortillas se
                  puede comprar?
                  Last edited by FusionFarmer; 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

How true!
                    -Rick

Comment

I grew up in Potomac, Md. Montgomery County. At the time, and possibly still to this day, the most affluent county in the nation. I went to PUBLIC SCHOOL, right along side the children of Senators and Congressman. I was friends with Jack Kemp's kids. We had people of all colors and creeds...I didn't really know what poverty was until I moved to New Orleans. I had black friends, Asian friends, Middle Eastern friends..we all got along and we were good kids. My H.S. was in the top 20 in the nation at the time. I had AP and Honors classes in H.S. that were actually HARDER than the equivalent classes I took at Tulane. I can remember taking intro to Physical Anthropology as a Freshman. I had take AP Anthro in H.S. and I never had to crack the book in college. I also got the highest grade in the class, yeah, I smoked the curve with a 105% grade, because I also nailed the bonus extra credit questions.

When I came to New Orleans to check out Tulane I said "fuck no". Aside from the great party atmosphere, the city scared the shit out of me. It reminded me of one big Southeast D.C., but not concentrated in one bad area. However, my parents really wanted me to go to Tulane. It took some MAJOR adjustment. I was a child of privilege, I am not afraid or ashamed to admit it. I was a spoiled rich kid. I ended up living in neighborhoods in New Orleans that I would have been terrified to set foot in at age 16. I adjusted.

I was also a very open minded and somewhat liberal young man. While I still vote Democrat (because the religious whackos masquerading as "Republicans" scare the ever-living shit out of me), all of that idealism and liberalism was beaten out of my by simply observing my environment. If any of you really want a first hand look at what is wrong with this country, come spend a month or so in New Orleans. This city is the classic failure profile. Socially, econmically, racially...all miserable failures. This city is the textbook example of how graft and poor government functions. Black government here is such a failure it is hilarious. The white government that preceeded it, and all of the woes it unleashed, set the stage for an even worse system.

Our schools are some of the worst in the nation, if not THE worst. Our city is overrun with welfare moms, deadbeat dads and human garbage. What Bill speaks is the truth, I particularly like the Pez Despenser analogy, that rings very true.

It is now 11 months since Hurrican Katrina. Yet, our city is still full of garbage, wrecked and flooded cars...homes falling apart. The levees are not repaired. You know WHAT is repaired? The Superdome. They are putting the finishing touches on its new $15 million roof this week. That's priorities for you, isn't it!!

This week the city recovery committee came up with a "plan to come up with a plan", why so late? Because all we cared about up until now was the mayorial election. That was top priority. And who did we put in office? Ray Wonka...Dr. Chocolate himself.

This city, this COUNTRY sickens me. I have two kids and I fear for them every day that passes. Thank god they are not here right now.

This system is so broken that only RADICAL CHANGE will bring about a resolution. This country is broken...a mass of lies, deception, shadow governments, special interests.

Cash is king. All else is secondary.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer
                        got this in an email this morning, seems appropriate;
                        Evolution of teaching; Edit (for some reason I can only see the text below if I highlight it on this page)?????

Teaching
                        Math In 1950

A logger

sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the
                        price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for

$100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his
                        profit?

Teaching Math

in 1970

for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a
                        profit?

Teaching Math

In 1980

for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your
                        assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest

because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of
                        animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a
                        profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic
                        for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and
                        squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong
                        answers.)

Teaching

Math In 2006

Un ranchero vende una carretera

de madera por $100. El cargo de produccion es $80. Cuantas tortillas se
                        puede comprar?
                        The last part really gets my blood boiling I am fed up with all of the Spanish laguage shit. If you come here, do it legally and learn English. So what does our wonderfull governments do, let them come here illegally and then cater to them by teaching everything in Spanish and all of our products and phone services and most everything is in Spanish now. Tell me, how does that help them get Legal and speak English? Call me a racist if you wish, but this isn`t what becoming a US citizen should be like, at least it wasn`t. Jack.

Comment

Mike, that was awesome...

here's my story..

Once a year the Cleveland Police must endure what is called a "Cutural Diversity" class..taught by minority civlians that never worked a zone car..

That's pretty funny right there..telling 5-35+ year veterans how do do their job, without a clue how it is to be cop ..

One year, 2001..We had the honor to be beraded by this Black Woman Professor from Washington DC.

She was about 5 foot tall and the true defiintion of militant...she was pissed off!!!

Right off the bat she was going off on Mayor Rudy Gulianni(sp) ..that he covers for his police department ..when a unarmed black man was shot over 40 times..

You could feel the unrest and sounds of discontent by my peers growing in the room...she proceeded to YELL.. how unfair white cops treat black civilians and racial profiling..she thought it would be only fair to have a police department that mirrors it's community..all black cops for all black cities..that is ran by a black adminstration and so on..these are her words.

Her biggest tirade was on segregation..and that it MUST be stopped..

Then it hit me..being that I was bored to tears with her spew..

A blatant revelation.. right there in that classroom..it was so simple..

There's approx. 60 desks in the room..all open seating..you could sit anywhere you wanted. Everyone knew and worked with each other side by side on a daily basis for years..we were like a family.

While she was in the middle of a tirade..I raised my hand..she ignored me..so I just kept my hand up until there was enough people looking like they couldn't waite to see what I had to say...since I'm a silly bastid.

she finally rolled her eyes and said...yes!!??

I said .. "Here we are ..all brohers and sisters in Blue that work together..side by side..there is my partner Carl right over there..I waive...(he waives back). I said the problem here is you think too much, you get paid to create this tension to justify your position and job..and yelling at us won't solve a thing....the room went dead silent. I could see she was pretty mad. Then I said.. "this room segregated itself!!!!". As we looked around we all noticed that the room was indeed divided racially..for the most part. there were four hispanics in class..all sitting together..most of the black cops were all together..same as the white cops..

"I know for a fact that everyone of us would go to bat for each other in a hearbeat without question..I know this because we do it everday"..

Then I asked a personal question.."maam, do you live in the inner city..she actually nodded "yes"..."don't you make enough money to move to a suburb??"..again she was speechless.

The classroom wents nuts..I mean really nuts..applauding and lauging, cheers..it felt pretty good.

We were dismissed..I was sitting in the back. As I was exiting the room ..she approached me with a smile. She asked if I'd mind if used this as an example in future classes..I said "sure, it's just a simple observation"..

I said. I know you mean well..choose your words and demeanor when lecturing these big city cops...we don't learn about people in a classroom, behind desks..we learn about them on the streets..one on one...it takes years to learn about people...actually that learning is neverending. That's "street smarts"..she agreed.

I continued..

We do make mistakes but we mean well...we are just people that try...like any worlplace there will be a few bad apples.

BTW..that NY incident was unfortunate, was there any black cops involved in that shooting...she didn't know. Neither did I ..does it matter.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Do you remember the name of that person, Bill?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Human pollution is..

Any human without accountabilty, responsibilty and crediblity. One who drains a sytsem dry and a danger to society, an immediate threat to anyone's personal safety...those who live day to day without goals, concerns, with criminal intent without remorse of his or her actions.

Humans that have a blatant disreguard for rules, laws and authorty...the same ilk that litter our streets and jails..and will continue to do so because they know of nothing else and refuse or are too inept to learn..

That is Human Pollution..and I was a garbage man for 13 years...until I broke my neck while fighting and arresting one of these violent pieces of shit on a plane. If that was post 911 he would have been dead before the wheels touched the ground. At least I had the pleasure beating the piss out of him in our jail cell..he actually peed...crying in his own blood and urine..

At least I got something out of it to remember...besides a broken neck.
                              Last edited by horns666; 07-12-2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Ron, hmmm..Veronica Jackson..that seems to ring a bell..I knew it was Jackson.

Like that helps..

Comment

Working...
                                X