I know my place now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know my place now.

I moved up to Seattle to be with my step-son's family thinking that I could be a BUB, a grandpa and a help. You veterans know the sad story. Well, today I got an IM starting with: "Hey, dude, what's up?" After a few lines, she got down to: "How much do they charge for an extra garbage can?" The kids didn't get the can out in time to be picked up. All she IM'ed about was her fukking garbage. In the past, I have taken a bag of their overflow. But now, that I can't (won't) recycle my can is always full. Can't take her garbage- end of discussion. "See Ya" Oh well, I do alright with a trailer full of guitars. Who needs 'em.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

sucks

Sounds like my oldest Daughter. I wasn't there for her when she was younger, but have tried to make amends when she was a teenager. I have tried so hard ,I finally got to the point of fuck it. Nothing I do,(money,calling, being a part of her life) is good enough. I figure I am going to live my life and be happy. You can't make someone do something they don't want too !!

Comment

Say "What am I, your garbage man?" Then rant about being a veteran, and these damn kids nowadays... then maybe launch into your medical ills
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is that Like a Bill Z BUB??
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

sounds like a disco tune from K.C. and the Plastic Garbage Bag Band-
          "I'm your garbage man, I'm your garbage man, turn me on!! "
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Say "What am I, your garbage man?" Then rant about being a veteran, and these damn kids nowadays... then maybe launch into your medical ills
            I got out of Viet Nam being a college student that cost me for a BA degree, $500 and the good graces on Melvin B. Laird, the greatest Sec. of Defense we ever had. College 1968-72.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
            X