Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this piss you off

Or am I way off base here ..

There was a 12 string washburn on ebay last week and it was cheap enough so I waiting for the auctions last day and threw the min bid up on it. I won the auction as the only bidder and the terms were paypal only.. Monday morning at 6am my time I paypaled him the money and sent him a note asking for him to email me and let me know he received the paypal..

No email ..

Tues I emailed him again asking if he received ..most of the day went by then i finally got a response stating he received it.

This is the part that gets me..

He is waiting for someone else to pay him for another guitar from ebay so he ship both guitars at once... Is it fair I should have to wait for another auction winner after already paying for my merchandise????? I'm kind of pissed off about this and I'm wondering if I'm over reacting ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

It depends on how long he is making you wait. If its just a few days I think you are over reacting.

Comment

Is the guitar shipped yet? I would be a little aggravated. I ship within two days at most when I sell. Sometimes the same day. But you never know this guys situation either. Maybe he is far away from a shipping depot like fed-ex or UPS who knows. Leave him neutral feedback after you get the guitar stating your experience and maybe it wakes him up a little....my .02
      Ebay is getting worse and worse for cool buyers/sellers now a days

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
        It depends on how long he is making you wait. If its just a few days I think you are over reacting.
        He never gave me a timeframe ...
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Email him this every few hours: "Are we there yet?"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I usually try to ship no later than the day after I receive payment but I wouldn't see a 2-3 day delay as out of line. Any longer than that and I'd be a little ticked off.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Annoying, but not enough to piss me off.
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Yeah, I would be pissed ..I dealt with that same shit on a much smaller scale..just music CD's..sometimes I have to wait two weeks...I avoid those sellers at that point.

I have a friend name "voltagerock" there..he's a dick and does that same shit..too damn lazy to get to the post office..he waits till all his auctions end.. then goes to the post office..while people sit and waite.

Then he complains when he gets a negative feeback..if you pay quickly they should return the same courtesy IMO..but some don't give a crap..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Shipping multiple items on different days can sometimes be a hassle. If it's only a couple days, no big deal... If it's over a week, then I'd be pissed!

Comment

Yes but what can you do, I've bought stereo equ on ebay and the place only ships 1 time a week from a personal dude not a business that just blows but also where is the guy located too if he's in bfe that could be a reason too
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Impatience. That's the key word. If the item is shipped within a week of payment, that's completely acceptable. People have lives outside of JCF or Ebay, and shipping within a week of payment is acceptable.

You can't impose your standards onto someone else without getting upset.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

2 Days after I got your money is plenty.Things happen,maybe 4 at the most.After that,yeah,I would be pissed....Or at least drop me a line with a decent reason.....................
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Best thing for people who ship once a week is to either not say they are waiting so they make only one trip, make sure all your stuff ends on the same day, or be up front and say you only ship once a week regardless.

However, I would have delayed the other guy's merch for being a slow payer rather than make a paid-up customer wait on the slow-job.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                            However, I would have delayed the other guy's merch for being a slow payer rather than make a paid-up customer wait on the slow-job.
                            Oh really?
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

If it's just 2 or 3 days, it's not a big deal. If he makes you wait more than a week to ship, that's not cool.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X