Why are you guys so pissed off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skorb
    if you are talking about the complaints about illegal aliens invading our nation, you are way off base.

you maybe need a little perspective to understand all this. calling this swell of very justified citizen anger "bashing" is the height of intentional ignorance.
    I am not referring to any specific topic. I would have said so if I were. I am talking about the general tone of many of the recent threads. Kinda like your "intentional ignorance" remark. There is nothing wrong with "citizen anger". I am as well versed as anyone on these topics and just as opinionated. These topics should be discussed in a civil manner and that's what I see lacking lately.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hey Fett, with my 100+ posts I consider myself a newbie here but I think I can relate to what you´re saying.

I also undestand lots of posts as beeing quite aggressive ... Once a newbie introduces himself here, the second post at last will advise him to read the rules first ...

I am completely with 83sandimsacharvel: It´s a community, not a competition. I have nothing against controversial matters on any kind of subject. Progress can only be made when people start trying to understand the other parties point of view. Acting rude or impolite leads nowhere and will finally draw most people away.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Blame the lawyers at least to some degree. They let this crap spiral out of control because they get paid to fight against all that is good and right. People are afraid to do anything because they fear getting sued. Employers can't be good employers because of fear of getting sued. Teachers can't be good teachers because they fear a lawsuit would cause them to lose their job. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
            Blame the lawyers at least to some degree. .
            I blame "us" for flying off the handle and for ragging on people when they post. I blame "us" who make snide remarks and derogatory statements. I blame "us" who know more than others and throw it in their faces. I am on a high horse now and I am sure someone will try and throw me off. The civility on this board has been slowly going away and it sucks. It's still the best game in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Fretfrenzy
              Yeah, and look how he died. Too bad Chapman didn't give peace a chance. But he did prove that most people, even some Beatles fans, are primitive animals at their heart. You can't just lay down your arms in a world where most will just pick them up and attack you with them...
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

WTF does John Lennon have to do with this topic? I am talking about our apparent inability to be civil in our discussions. Be mad. Be pissed. Be angry. Be A-Holes. But do it in a civil manner. I am on a "Mission from God":ROTF: :ROTF: It's too late to stop now.

Comment

Well, Fretfrenzy posted "Is this a redneck revolution?". Then his next post was John Lennon's pic, which I interpreted as, "Give peace a chance". So I immediately thought of how Lennon died, so much for giving peace a chance. And I bet in his last seconds of life John wished he'd had a gun, if for no other reason than to protect Yoko. He had no reason to believe Chapman wouldn't shoot her next.

The man who gave peace a chance, was shot dead in the street. Such is human hope vs. human nature.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"Give Us a Chance". It's all well and good to be fett or some other name. But, this is our "public forum" and everyone should be treated with respect for their opinions; questions and fukups. Signed, Nancy:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Damn Rich, you hit that nail on the head my friend!

Rich "gets it"..he always gets it..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                        I blame "us" who make snide remarks and derogatory statements. I blame "us" who know more than others and throw it in their faces.
                        To whom could you be referring? :ROTF:
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX

I think he's talking about me Ron....
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            hmmmmm...I wonder..

hey, if it's me..It was a clear case of "poking the bear" by a noob..

Ehh, that stuff is always gong to happen on occassion..you'll bump heads once in a while and life goes on...that's just people ..
                            Last edited by horns666; 07-15-2006, 07:40 PM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                              Blame the lawyers at least to some degree. They let this crap spiral out of control because they get paid to fight against all that is good and right. People are afraid to do anything because they fear getting sued. Employers can't be good employers because of fear of getting sued. Teachers can't be good teachers because they fear a lawsuit would cause them to lose their job. etc. etc.
                              Of course, always attorneys that are at fault for the current state of society.

Good job at towing the party line, "sheeperson"

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

You should be used to that, Mikey!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X