Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car buffs and movie buffs

Okay, this a long shot, but here goes.

I saw a movie (at least 10 years ago, could have been longer) that was based in the south (I'm almost sure of it).

There was a guy in the movie that had a FLAT BLACK Camaro (i'm almost 100% certain is was a Camaro). He "painted it himself" in the movie. I remember one of the scenes, his father was speaking to someone in the house, while the father was having a drink, and he was talking about the kid and him doing the work to the Camaro.

I for the life of me can't remember,

A; What the movie was called.
    B; What it was about.
    C; What year the car was.

ANYONE with information on this, let me know.

Too bad you're not talking about "Better off Dead." That was an awesome movie with a bitching black first generation Camaro. And, of course, it wasn't based in the south. So I guess I was no help at all.

Comment

Was it midnight in the garden of good and evil with Kevin Spacy?

Comment

Any more details on plot, or any of the actors?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You may be right, because I think Jude Law was the one who owned the Camaro.

Now I've got to find pictures of the Camaro.

Comment

I'm nearly 100% that was the movie, I just can't find the Camaro pictures. I remember how Kevin Spacey looked too, I just couldn't place that it was him.

Comment

Damn, I thought this was going to be about me. I do have a 67 camaro though..........

Comment

I want a Camaro. I want one like the movie. I guess in the car world, from what the guys at work tell me, Camaros are like mass produced, and like there's a lot, and they don't hole their value, and I can get one cheap, and if I say and again, that's 5 word "and" without counting that one.

Comment

Did it have Sean Penn and Chris Walken in it? I seem to remember a Camaro in "At Close Range".
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                    Did it have Sean Penn and Chris Walken in it? I seem to remember a Camaro in "At Close Range".
                    No it had Spacey, and John Cusack. Trippy movie, awesome car. '68 camaros
                    do rip hard. At Close Range is a great flick. That's one you buy for the collection.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

ah man that's a classic..I love Walken..he's kick ass..

Better off dead is hilarioius.."two dollars!!"..

Hey , what about Phantasm and that Cuda..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

2 lane black top best car movie, my 55 will be almost like it thatim building
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                          Hey , what about Phantasm and that Cuda..
                          +10,000!!!

Now that was a bad-ass car!!!

Comment

Go to imdb.com and type in Kevein Spacey and it will list all the movies he played in, and see if the movie your talking about is listed.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

How about that modified Lincoln in tha gay 70's movie.."The Car"..I liked that!

The killer car was the devil..now that's a dumb idea..but it was a pretty cool car!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X