In Honor of my Dad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Honor of my Dad...

My Dad died three years ago on monday. I'm not the type of person who hangs on dates...this just worked out that way.

My Dad was a cop for over 25 years. The last several years of his Law Enforcement career he was Chief of Police. He had many other professional accomplishments during his time as a cop, they are too numerous to mention. A couple are teaching at the college level, and President of the Ohio Law Enforcement Association. After he left Law Enforcement, he became a semi-truck driver (owner/operator), and he married a Detective Sheriff from Georgia (now retired). She is a wonderful lady to say the least.

A decade or so ago he spoke of mounting his badge(s) to a walnut plaque. For some reason that idea stuck with me, and I finally got around to bringing his idea to fruition. I honor him every chance I get (see Exd 20:12). I'm delivering these to his widow on Monday:

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Very beautiful thing you did there Doug. I can't find a good smiley to put up, so I'll give you one of these

Comment

That's awesome Doug.

Comment

Beautiful work man! Your dad would be proud, and I know your stepmom will be very touched!

Speaking of dates, my dad died on April 19th, 1969. Of course April 19th is also the date of the Branch Davidian compound's burning in 1993 and the Murragh Building's bombing in 1995 in Oklahoma City. That was a dark day for me long before it was for the rest of the country. I'm sorry that so many share the sorrow of that day now.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's a really nice tribute Doug. I hate to tell you this though. INtegrity is spelled wrong.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
            That's a really nice tribute Doug. I hate to tell you this though. INtegrity is spelled wrong.
            I did the right thing and PM'ed him about that. You guys need to lighten up and stop being so ..........
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

So what you old fart?
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Maaaan. Where is Ron when you need him? Seriously...Of all the times to mis spell a word. It happens on this project...Go figure. Believe it or not, I even ran it though spell check (I really did).

Anyway, I guess my heart was in this one, and my head wasnt. I appreciate you guy's letting me know. If you hadnt, I would have delivered it this way... I wasnt gonna post about it. Now I'm glad I did...Thanks Guys.
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Very nice,Doug!.........
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                    So what you old fart?
                    I keep my farts in my pants. I do not air them in public.

Comment

Guys...Do me a favor. DO NOT turn this thread into a pissing match...OK?
                      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Not me. Great tribute. And it's always the thought that counts.

Comment

Those are beautiful. Great work, and a very nice way to honor your dad.
                          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Dude , wow..what can I say man. Your father was a great man, I KNOW he will always be your #1 hero.. and for valid reasons..

As a fellow cop, I have the upmost respect for him. We probably could have shared stories and laugh. May you carry his torch proudly..

Dude, you are so fucking gifted it's unbelievable..your dad raised a good man and he would be very proud.

My dad is the only person I truly confide in..his health is slowy fading and we always talk..everyday.

I'm the one that he relies on to keep the family in harmony when he's gone..

Well, I don't want that day to ever come, but when it does..all I can do is try and make him proud too..

take care man,

Bill

Last edited by horns666; 07-15-2006, 05:07 PM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Doug, who gives a rats ass how it's spelled. I believe you were a bit "pre-occupied". Very nice tribute to a great pair of people......
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X