Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweat Lodge

aka...my house!

With this heat wave we're having + the poor ventilation in my house, I'm getting my sweat on!
    I can easily take showers to cool down...

I don't mind the Lodge: I'm saving a lot on electricity by not running A/C + I am losing some weight also!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_lodge
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

We had a week of 90's here 2 weeks ago and I was just chilling in the shower most nights with a cold beer.

I do that when I go to vegas too, every few hours just head back to the room and nap in the shower to get the power back
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy? J/K I know what you mean. My 500K shitbox I used to own got hotter than hell and I had no AC. The temp outside was the temp inside. My little crackerbox trailer is always, at least, 10 degrees cooler inside and that makes a big dif.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
        The temp outside was the temp inside.
        Heh, I got that beat: on hot days this house is always at least 10 degrees hotter than outside!

According to this site: sweating gives many health benefits:

http://www.cyberbohemia.com/Pages/saunahealth.htm

Comment

Running your computer all day will show on your electrical bill + it will add to the heat inside your house. Why did I just mention that? I dunno!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Heh, my elec bill is about $13 a month!

Comment

Well, it's either me or you, Racer, that has to say, ""Ouch"". Probably more me.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Holy shit! Thank your nuclear plants for low electricity prices. We don't have any and the watt prices are insane.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Heh, my elec bill is about $13 a month!
                  What?? Are you stealing electricity from your neighbors to power your amps and computer?

Damn... Its pretty smoken in california. I opened up the house and started playing guitar to a bunch of songs in a playlist in iTunes. A hour later, my shirt was soaked from top to bottom. Time for a shower and a beer.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I probably sweated out about 3 litres of fluids today. I don't really mind. As long as I'm not far from a shower. I've had 3 cold showers so far today. The 3 litres I sweated out was probably the margueritas I've been drinking all day.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

insert generic "febreeze" comment

Comment

We have AC .

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                          Heh, I got that beat: on hot days this house is always at least 10 degrees hotter than outside!
                          LOL! You live in nice and cool Orange County with the nice ocean breeze. Try moving to Diamond Bar in an upstairs south west facing (exposed to afternoon/evening sun) condo! Now THAT was hot enough to fry an egg in if the AC wasn't on full blast. Good luck to whoever bought it LOL!

Comment

Try getting along without AC in Florida, now thats tough!!! We generally only run it on days when its ridiculously hot and humid, and one of us is home for most of the day, and I always shut it off at dusk and kick on a couple fans, I generally find if I stay semi busy, and do my little projects outside under one the large shade trees, the heat doesn't seem as bad,
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                            X