No announcement yet.

Ozzy and Zakk last night.....Pic heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy and Zakk last night.....Pic heavy!

I don't know what to say, except these guys just kicked some major ass. Ozzy looked the best I've seen him in years....very much reminded me of the old Ozzy we all knew and loved. The guy is just an absolute work of art!

And...Zakk.....well let's just say he fucking SMOKED!!!!!!!! I kinda felt like he was holding back a little with BLS, but when it came time to play with the Oz he just literally came to life. He played the usual axes, and the new Bullseye V. He played the Rhoads polka dot, and I really dug that!

The lineup was:

#1. Unearth. These guys just suck. They just suck. The lead guitar player has a lot of potential, but he better find a new band.

#2. Atreyu. These guys sucked a lot less than Unearth, but still not my bag ya know? Both guitarists can play some decent riffs, but nothing special. The lead guitarist does a lot of vocals and he's pretty damn good. The drummer is fucking awesome, and is probably the best vocalist of the bunch too.

#3. Black Label Society. Damn good show as always, and Zakk isn't a bad singer live....but he needs to stick to the guitar. It was probably one of the better live performances I've seen them do, but like I said earlier, Zakk seemed like he was resting up for Ozzy.

#4. Ozzy with Zakk. The whole show just smoked from beginning to end.

I took 209 pics!
    If you want to see more I'll post some, but for now here's some of my favs. We were 5th row so I had to dodge some heads from time to time, but I got some decent shots.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

5th row! Awesome!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the story and pics, Mark! They are still loading while I write this! Ozzy looks almost okay!?
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Zakk switched guitars on every song?

I see the new V....
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ozzy WAS ok. VERY OK! He ran around the stage like a little kid in a candy store (just like he used to!). He talked a lot, and seemed so fucking happy. I don't know what Sharon is doing to him but she better keep it up! Zakk just totally babies him too, I mean he really looks out for Oz on stage. He'd better love the Oz, because if it weren't for him, Zakk would probably still be a nobody.
            Yeah Ron, Zakk did change guitars rather frequently!.......hell...I would too!

Comment

Screw Zakk Wylde!

Ozzy looks pretty good in those pictures.

Comment

That's cool... it would be nice to see Ozzy like that, but dunno if I could handle BLS or Zakk
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Funny to see how upright/vertical Zakk wears his guitar.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    Zakk switched guitars on every song?

I see the new V....

The guitars break themselves,suicide,they can't stand the smell of zakk

So he has to change his guitars on every song.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Hey guys, this whole "Zakk Hater" thing is outside of the realm of this thread. Zakk is one fucking hell of a good musician, and I totally enjoyed listening to him play last night. That show is ALL this thread is about. If anybody got fucked by 357 customs and see this thread as a place to vent opinions based on that, I'll contact an admin and ask that it be deleted. Please keep that subject in the proper thread. Nothing personal against you guys, but I'd appreciate if you'd just chill before that BS gets started.

Comment

That's awesome...5th row! Looks like a killer show. I first saw Oz back in '92...then maybe 5 times afterwords through the 90's and was disappointed more each time, but I've had friends who've seen him in the past year or so that say he's awesome now....better that they've seen him! I guess it's time to hit up another show. Thanks or the pics...I'm a BLS fan too, AND a Zakk fan, he's a great guy, an AWESOME musician, and cool as hell.

- Joel
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

zakk rullz
                          everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

Awesome. When I was at Ozzfest last year, Ozzy put on an AMAZING show! He was full of energy, pretty much on key the whole night. And I got to see the origonal Sabbath... How cool was that to see the band that started it all? I was in the pit one person from the front rail, and Ozzy nailed me THREE times square in the face with buckets of water! It was hot so I was damn grateful! Im glad to see Ozzy still going strong after all this time and all he's been through.

I still hate Zakk though.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Great pics Mark!! I've seen Ozzy twice, and wouldn't trade it for anything!! He ROCKS!!! Zakk kicks ass too. Glad to hear you had a great time!!

Comment

Working...
                              X