• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc
    War.
    Huh.
    Good God, ya'll.
    What is it good for?

Getting rid of entire nations of people who just keep pushing their luck farther than they really should, when they really need to sit down and shut up.
    Yeah, too bad they edited that verse off the recording to get the song into FM airplay length! Lots of people might have gotten the message 40 years ago!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Funny, when I was growing up they used to have a free juke box in a Daytons dept store when I was kid of like 6 yrs. They had that song by Edwin Starr on a 45 and I used to play it all the time when I was there. This was all before Muzak and such.
      I think it probably drove the clerks nuts but they probably thought my dancing was cute. I was a real headbanger to RnB, funk & disco. Then Kiss happened.

As far as my opinion on the world events.. Hezbollah are going to feel the pain of their acts..is Israel being ruthless? no...but they are smacking the crap out of the root of the problem just as they did with Arafat and the Fatah. If you recall, they did the same thing only it was in Palestine and they've occupied Lebanon before. It was a gesture of good faith to withdraw and test the peace process, but let me say.. they're not going to take any crap from anyone.

They almost nuked Saddam when he was lobbing scuds during the first Iraq war..'Desert Storm'...they will cut off the head of the Hezbollah,and evetually, that will likely point to Syria and Damascus.

North Korea is nasty as always..should have dealt with that back in '53.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 07-16-2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

well they have american hardware payed by american taxes,so yes they will clean up!Russia might just back up Syria and Iran if it gets any further

lol at alsmost nuking Saddam!They might just be foolish enough to do that with their WMD.Poor Iraq now fucking disgrace that the world has allowed blair and bush to get away with it.We are the good guys?yeahh right

Comment

Its subjective as to which side of the fence you're on, but I would say the attitude of the majority has shifted on the whole. If you look at the threads that go back to 2002-2003, you'll see a huge base of support for war and a few of us in the minority speaking out against those actions and how they were being executed.

Comment

North Korea is nasty as always..should have dealt with that back in '53.

Yeah, my dad was basically left stranded there in that war by our government for 9 months while being relentlessly pounded by artillery in the worst weather conditions. Watched some of his best friends die in some unimaginable ways. Phosphorous etc...

Our politicians definitely screwed that one up and destroyed some awesome mens lives...

This whole thing is fucked... And not looking good in any way...

And as for you JJW, I've talked to a lot of young men coming back from Iraq, and although it is horrible to see them die, they all tell me most of the the Iraqi people they are in contact with are generally pretty happy we are there...

Comment

My feeling is, the US or any of our allies ahsn`t really gone All Out to win a war since WW2. If that was the case, we wouldn`t avoind civilians so much during these wars after WW2, but we do in the name of Civility. You can`t win being like that. Thye whole world should just gang up on the Islamic Nuts and do away with them and their ideology, but let`s remember they have indoctrinated a few generations of muslims now and many will need to be killed. Many young muslims are taught from and early age to hate and die. It needs to be done though, but so complicated. To really do it right, many will have to be killed and yes, many inocents.But how many inocents died in WW2 to end that thing........ Jack.

Comment

oh, I'll refrain from saying what I really think.. but Islam isn't the problem in itself just as Israel isn't the problem as they think. The problem is not God either..tho there are some who will feel differently.

IMO man has worse things to worry about on the horizon.. H5N1 getting out of control, Aids, fuel sources, the frightening increasing pace of global warming, natural disasters. uncontaminated food sources...etc.

Comment

the cause for terrorism is sex
                  they blow up in the beilif that there are virgins in heaven :P
                  If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

To each their own for what they believe, choose to believe, are taught, for which they stand and die for. I'm glad I live in a country that allows me that right to choose freely. Conflict comes when those who think they are right try to suppress others who also think they are right.
                    Unfortunately, some of the circumstances are relative to thousands of years of ideals and complex ideology. At one point a whole lot of ppl thought or were forced to think nazism had the right way and promise. Some people still think that is right. Simply acting like the biggest dick and the most nuclear warheads wins doesn't cut it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                      IMO man has worse things to worry about on the horizon.. H5N1 getting out of control, Aids, fuel sources, the frightening increasing pace of global warming, natural disasters. uncontaminated food sources...etc.
                      If a virus that has yet to show a dangerous propensity to attack humans, another that is largely the product of the lifestyles of the afflicted, natural phenomena that have come and gone for billions of years, and the purity and quantity of the most pure and plentiful food supply man has ever known are all we have to worry about we're in damn fine shape.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak
                        the cause for terrorism is sex
                        they blow up in the beilif that there are virgins in heaven :P
                        lol now that is fucking funny!

Comment

Show them this:
                          BREAKING NEWS !!!
                          Terrorist Heaven , July 15 , 2006

Al Qaeda leader "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi", killed by US Forces in Iraq last month , has just met with the first of his 72 virgins that Allah promised!

"ALLAH AKBAR!!"

Comment

lol fucking hell!! jeez any of you guys seen that feeder flim?
                            actualy they could have dropped that fucking whale of a woman on his hideout and done more damage than the bombs they dropped..lol
                            *removes eyes*

Comment

Subject, verb and predicate, those are important when constructing a sentence.

We can discuss this in 5-10 years and see if you feel the same way.
                              Last edited by charvelguy; 07-16-2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                                Subject, verb and predicate, those are important when constructing a sentence.

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2...06-552151.html

We can discuss this in 5-10 years and see if you feel the same way.
                                We can discuss it right now, $6,200,000,000 down the memory hole in fiscal '06 & '07 to fight a disease (H5N1) that has yet to cause a casualty in the US. Meanwhile back on the ranch, people are actually dying. Annual totals for some of Amierca's largest killers:

Heart Disease: 685,089
                                Cancer: 556,902
                                Stroke: 157,689
                                Chronic lower respiratory diseases:126,382
                                Accidents (unintentional injuries): 109,277
                                Diabetes: 74,219
                                H5N1: 0

Call me crazy but governments have limited resources and I think I see more rational places that $6,200,000,000 could have been used if the goal is to keep relatively more Americans alive. Just a thought.
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X