Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need a house?

LOL!

Nice house! Wish I could afford it... maybe in a year or two... but I think I want to stay in St. Louis until we move to Cebu or Bohol.

Comment

nice house Don...good luck selling it.
      Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

thats a good price!over here for that money you get a matchbox to live in!

Comment

Damn... I would love to have a house like that. A basement like that would just rule!
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Dam I need to move, look what you get for the money. That wouldn't even buy a parking space here, seriously.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Where I live that house would sell in a nanosecond for $500K+
              Where I work... 26 miles away from where I live... in Stamford, CT your house would sell for 1.2M in a nanosecond.

Comment

OK John, and the rest of you guys. I assumed real estate was out of control because of New Yorkers and Californians dumping realestate and moving here. Just where the hell is all this money coming from? a 100K salary (pretty big IMO) can barely pull down a 250k house at the lowest interest rates (and longest terms) ever.

This is where the real WWIII has to take place.

BTW Don, that's a fine looking place. I am sure you'll get what you're asking.

I just can't believe 250k is "entry level" here and only the top 10% of the jobs here make enough to cover the payment. It just seems "illogical".
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yeah.. that is a nice home. You'd get half that for about 50k less here depending on the area.

Comment

I just sold my house in one day in a hot inflated market (Knoxville, TN), made a nice gain that I put into a house that is twice the size along with 5 wooded acres in Clemson, SC. I have a nice big bonus room/studio that I can get all the guitars out on the wall. It was a big pain in the ass to move but worth it. It had been 15 years since the last time. I think you’ll be surprised if it has been a while since you’ve appraised your house. BTW I think you'll find that most of the country's entry level house starts in the 175-250k range.

Harrison

Comment

I was reading an article awhile ago about how here in SoCal, 85%+ of people cannot afford where they live or the home they live in.Also saw a tv show where they tell you what you can buy in different parts of the country for certtain amounts of money. In L.A. you can't even look at a "house" and I use the term to descibe a 800 square foot 1 bedroom place in a crappy area for under 500K, hell 500K wont even get you a house in Watts or Compton here. The only people who are doing ok by this are the people whos parents bought their houses 30 years ago and are ready to sell and retire. My Father in Laws house, he paid 290K(for a tract house) for it in 92 in Cerritos, and it stayed in that ballpark until about 01 then every year it crept up, his neighbours have been selling their houses left and right inthe last year in the 850-900k range, and these houses are selling within days. I'm talking 2 car 1800 sq. ft houses on 3000 sq ft lots. Nothing special at all to look at. Wait a few years until all those poeple who ran out and got houses in the last few years start realising they cant afford them, or even worst all the people who got interest only loans(YIKES, which is how laot of people have been getting houses around here) and then find out that after paying for 30 years they don't even own their place, and still owe the purchase price.
                      Last edited by VinceV; 07-16-2006, 09:56 PM.
                      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30
                        OK John, and the rest of you guys. I assumed real estate was out of control because of New Yorkers and Californians dumping realestate and moving here. Just where the hell is all this money coming from? a 100K salary (pretty big IMO) can barely pull down a 250k house at the lowest interest rates (and longest terms) ever.

I just can't believe 250k is "entry level" here and only the top 10% of the jobs here make enough to cover the payment. It just seems "illogical".
                        Not only do they plunk down the 1.2M for the house.. but they also drive 745IL BMW's. Heck... you could trip over Porsche Cayenne's around here.
                        The people spending that kind of money make $300K a year easily between the husband and wife's salaries.
                        One of my friends just bought a $600K house in New Canaan. Its a 2 bedroom cape on a 50 x 100 lot. The house is barely 1200 square feet. He got an incredible deal on it and had to bid 30K over the asking price to get it.
                        Another friend of mine sold his 1946 2 bedroom cape in Stamford for $550K. It was around 1100 square feet on a 50 x 100 lot. He thought he made a killing on it when he sold it because 2 years prior he paid $360K for it. Its now worth around $750K.
                        Its crazy around here. There are a ton of people with a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30

Once you start buying/selling houses it gets easier. We just moved to Austin from Colorado and put 50% down on a brand new house in Pflugerville. What's odd in Austin is that the freakin property tax is so high. Real Estate is always appreciating (generally). So after the first house, you won't be paying on a $250k mortgage, it'll be much less because you've made so much on the previous sale. Just start somewhere, renting is like throwing money away.
                          Jackson USA GMG WR1
                          Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

Im not even going to start my rant on the cost of living in london
                            If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgUK
                              Im not even going to start my rant on the cost of living in london
                              I hear ya... you guys have been raited pretty god damn high on the cost of housing. I think the worse place right now is Moscow. New York/Silicon Valley didn't even make the top 10.

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X