Wish Crankdaddy luck in NYC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish Crankdaddy luck in NYC!

As many of you know, three-fourths of my band Crankdaddy works for my company, an advertising agency in Syracuse, New York. It's kind of our schtick -- four 40something businessmen hittin' it hard, crankin' out some original sloppy poppy punk rock n roll.

That 3/4ths ratio made us eligible for FORTUNE Magazine's national "Battle of the Corporate Bands," which is co-sponsored by Gibson, NAMM, and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Long story short, we submitted our CD and were one of 18 bands selected to play! We'll be playing in the New York City qualifying round this Saturday Night at New York's famed Knitting Factory. Six bands will be playing, with us closing the show. (A great slot to have in a Battle of the Bands!)

If we're one of the top two bands Saturday night (a long shot, I know), we get to play in the finals at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in October! How badass would that be?

If you're in the New York area (and have 7 bucks for a ticket) stop by the Knitting Factory around 7:30 and enjoy the show. If you're not, do us a favor and hoist a drink in our honor Saturday night. All your well wishes and positive vibes would be much appreciated!

very cool...good luck.
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Damn, I know I have something to do that night, just can't remember. I'll try to make it

Comment

Well mega good luck!

So if you win, and you get to play the Rock Hall in Cleveland? Hate to see what they do to the losers! Haha...

Well, I look forward to partying with you guys if ya make here! And, I'll be drinkin one for yas and wishing you the best Saturday!

Comment

Very cool, good luck!
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

dude, you're closing act?.. what a great opportunity! Don't be shy..knock em down!
            I wish I was close by, it sounds like alot of fun. All the best to your band on this.

Comment

Wicked! Best of luck to you. Do you guys play all originals or covers? What's your set list?
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Will the copy girl be there? j/k

Bro, that's awesome! If I were in the City, I'd totally come on down. You guys definitely rock.

Good luck.

Comment

Tom, you MUST bring Evel . In fact, you should wear a cape like Evel! Have a ball, and good luck!

Comment

Not sure about which GMP I'll be bringing...Evel's a contender, but my Roxie sounds the best and looks killer under the lights. Plus, The Most Obnoxious GMP Finish Ever arrives on Friday. So, we'll see...

And Nuclear Vampire, we play all originals. Not sure if that'll help us or hinder us in a Battle situation. I'm pretty sure all the other bands will be doing covers, though...

Comment

Man, I love you like a brother, but the finish on the new GMP is, uh, different. I would have never said obnoxious, but hey - since YOU said it first...

Ok, bro - my flight gets into Hancock (heh heh... HANCOCK) at 11:35pm Friday night. Can you maybe pick me up? No biggie, I'll take a cab. Gonna need the home addy, though.

You can do this bro - you play with the energy of a closing / headline act playing their final encore to a crowd of 100,000 - you are SO PERFECT to be the last act.

Who votes? Who decides?
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

That is just great. Don't sell your band short. Ya never know.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

good luck,i loved that video of yours in the offices giving it large

Comment

Keith, bro...just fly into New York. Jet Blue direct, Fort Myers to JFK.

You'll probably make it into Manhattan before I do! LOL

As for the judges, you got me on that one. I'm guessing people from the sponsors maybe -- Keybank, NAMM, Gibson, Chrysler?

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                              good luck,i loved that video of yours in the offices giving it large

+1 that was great. Good luck with the show. Is the Knitting Factory a club???
                              Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Working...
                              X