Recommend a good car wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a good car wax?

..for an actual vehicle, not for guitars! Those auto parts stores have way too many for me to sort thru. Something that can be applied in direct sunlight is a plus...as well as that's safe for clearcoats since the vehicle is new.
    I thought I remember someone mentioning one of the newer synthetic waxes were good a while back?
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

For straight shine and gloss I use P21S Carnauba Wax
    For more longevity at the moment I've been using Meguiars Tech Wax paste
    Also would like to try soon the Natty's waxes
    I cant remember the sunlightness of any though sorry.

Comment

Zaino Brothers, for the best. For normal Meguairs Tech Wax as said above.

Comment

My uncle used to be big into cars and he used Liquid Glass. He gave me some almost 10 years ago and the container is just now getting close to being empty. You have to put it on in direct sunlight and buff it out in 20-30 minutes. It is the best wax I've ever used, easily beats the others mentioned above.

Edit:
        A quick googling...
        http://www.liquidglass.com/
        Last edited by BTB007; 07-20-2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Zaino is the absolute BEST!

I can't remember the website but it had a great comparison of all the top waxes...

Comment

Highschool Cheerleaders
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Liquid Glass..that's all I use!!

That's after trying everything you can imagine on a Black Corvette for 13 years..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                Liquid Glass..that's all I use!!

That's after trying everything you can imagine on a Black Corvette for 13 years..
                Pics?
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Dude, If I could post "pics" ..I would have posted my Gothic home, my extensive cd collection , my beautiful wife , My kick ass Cobra, my amps and guitars and yours truly doing god knows what..

my black vette is the very least of my pride and joys..seriously!!

Liquid Glass is the shit!!

I tried everything from Mothers, Zymol, Ice, and umpteen other waxes..Liquid Glass is the shit. Kinda hard to work with , but DAMN!!

Example, I once parked my '84 Vette next to a brand new C5 Vette a few years back..I asked the owner what color it was ..she said "black"..I said "no way, That's black"...pointing to mine..she agreed..it made her's look like charcoal grey or something..that's a true story.

A Black car will tell you what wax is the best..trust me..I owned three black cars..and they are a bitch to keep lookin' clean..

Liquid Glass will make your car bead with water the longest, holds it's shine for an entire season..none of the other's I tried will..perioid!!

I need to buy another can..it's about 22 bucks for a little pint..and it works wonders on guitars!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I think out of the above, Highschool Cheerleaders would be my first choice (obviously ), but since my vehicle is black..or at least most of it, I'll be on the lookout for the Liquid Glass.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by horns666
                    I tried everything from Mothers, Zymol, Ice, and umpteen other waxes..Liquid Glass is the shit. Kinda hard to work with , but DAMN!!
                    A Black car will tell you what wax is the best..trust me..I owned three black cars..and they are a bitch to keep lookin' clean..

Liquid Glass will make your car bead with water the longest, holds it's shine for an entire season..none of the other's I tried will..perioid!!

I need to buy another can..it's about 22 bucks for a little pint..and it works wonders on guitars!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
                      Thanks for the responses! I think out of the above, Highschool Cheerleaders would be my first choice (obviously ), but since my vehicle is black..or at least most of it, I'll be on the lookout for the Liquid Glass.
                      Thanks!
                      NAPA around here is the only place that stocks Liquid Glass..

The cheerleader thing sounds very nice tho..

Comment

I will NEVER use Liquid Glass again. I used it for some time on a black car I owned and indeed, it looked great. However, LG builds a finish on top of the paint that, over time, will get swirl marks like hell. I had to take my car and have it buffed at a body shop where they had to use mineral spirits to remove the build up of that stuff. I've been involved in customizing cars for as long as I can remember and NEVER will I use another product by LG. Now, I'm not slamming the choice of others, but I am offering a stiff warning based on personal experience. If you read ANY of the internet auto message boards from Ferrari, Lambo, Vette Forums, LS1.com, Supra forums, etc--they ALL praise Zaino Brothers!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust
                          I will NEVER use Liquid Glass again. I used it for some time on a black car I owned and indeed, it looked great. However, LG builds a finish on top of the paint that, over time, will get swirl marks like hell. I had to take my car and have it buffed at a body shop where they had to use mineral spirits to remove the build up of that stuff. I've been involved in customizing cars for as long as I can remember and NEVER will I use another product by LG. Now, I'm not slamming the choice of others, but I am offering a stiff warning based on personal experience. If you read ANY of the internet auto message boards from Ferrari, Lambo, Vette Forums, LS1.com, Supra forums, etc--they ALL praise Zaino Brothers!
                          I had my Black Vette for over 13 years ...waite did, you use a buffing wheel???..yes you did..you did!!!

You have to ebony that bitch to get all those swirlies out..Guess how I know that!

Dude, my shit is as shiny as my boots..all of 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust
                            Do you belong to LS1.com? I'm there all the time (same username).

Zaino IS the best!

Comment

wow, looks like I should "try" Zaino..

Ok, I'll try it..it BETTER be good!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X